Phono cable recommendations - high performance good value cable

I know this is a loaded subject... but I did a search and there are posts from 6-7 years ago mainly on this...

So in this current time, what are good options for high transparency, ’honest’ interconnect cables for analog signal use. For context, I am using a VPI Classic 3 (with Koetsu Black or AT ART9 carts), so running RCA’s on both ends. Currently using Blue Jeans’ Belden shielded cables with teflon sleeve including ground wire...definitely a high value cable...

I tend to favor transparent, non-frequency-filter cabling - my ear prefers a slightly lively sound with big/wide soundstaging... - rest of my system uses Zu Varials and Gedes, if that gives you an idea. Have used Purist, Cardas and Nordost in the past... Purist is very smooth and slightly rolled off, Cardas very rolled off/saps energy from the music, Nordost quite transparent but flattens the soundstage some. Speaker cables are Mapleshades, very transparent...

For TT use, I sometimes run a Cinemag or other MC transformer, so that creates the need for add’l IC runs between TT and Xformer and phono preamp to line stage... so whatever small signal cabling used would have additive effects for shaping the sound.  Most critical of course is the first run off the cartridge, I realize... need shielding I think early in the chain...though I have read that some feel shielded cables rob a little transparency.

Final note, by and large I am not a fan of mega buck cabling... each time I have tried in the past, I have felt that money spent on expensive cabling does not yield a good return...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and recommendations.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xjjss49
thanks all for your various input

bought some of heiko's c37 cryo finewire... they are on their way from germany ...currently enjoying the zu audio missions... rest of my system is zu varial interconnects (with mapleshade speaker wires)... so it will be stable control for seeing what difference if any the c37 makes...
Gotta second Grover's phono cable recommendation.
Currently running between my Moerch DP8 and Decware ZP3, using straight DIN to RCA. Competes with the best.

Cheers,                       Crazy Bill
I found this thread doing a search on the KLE silver rca plugs.  Williwonka's post above is exactly my situation.  I've purchased Stager silver solid ic's and recently found their limits.  They are solid core conductors, but I'm still getting some harsh/brightness in my system that is removed when I replace them with Morrow cables containing KLE silver plugs.  

So I wondered if replacing the metal plugs that Stager uses might help, and it looks like willy found the answer for me.  
@jjss49 
bought some of heiko's c37 cryo finewire... they are on their way from germany ...currently enjoying the zu audio missions... rest of my system is zu varial interconnects (with mapleshade speaker wires)... so it will be stable control for seeing what difference if any the c37 makes...

So what do you think ?
I also use several Zu Audio Mission Phono cables, i just cut the RCA's on one side to solder DIN for my tonearms. This cable is great for MM cartridges, but not so good for LOMC (IMO). I got the better MK2 version of this Zu Audio cable too, the MK2 comes with High-End WBT RCAs and Cardas DIN. 

I have to think about cables again, because i have more tonearms now. Cables for LOMC is more critical. I have standard FineWire C37 removed from my Reed 3P toneam (it was upgraded to cryo version with KLE RCAs). So i just soldered DIN to this standard FineWire c37 and i can use it now on different tonearms. 

I wish to buy more cables! FineWire c37 is the most reasonably priced along with Signal Cable Silver Resolution (Phono Ref.) This Silver Resolution is the best cable money can buy, i don't care about those cheap RCA as they can be replaced. But for my new tonearm i need RCA to RCA phono cable (not DIN), must be very well shielded for LOMC cartridges. The only problem is that i do not have any other silver connectors in my system. Maybe it's not a good idea to mix silver with copper?

I'm in the market for a new phone cable myself. I think I'm going to give the  Signal Cable a try. It seems to a good buy. It uses a combination of copper and silver strands. Anyone using this cable?