PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Preamplifier. DESTROYS SPEAKERS!!

A few months ago, bought TWO of the above mentioned preamps. ( I have 2 stereo systems)
Within 6 weeks of the purchase, the power supply of my speakers burns out!
I purchase and replace the power supply.
Three days later, the second newly replaced power supply is burnt out!
After much investigative work and heartache, I discover that the Pre amp is the problem.
It is defective and puts out DC. which burns out speakers.
After, testing the second unit, I find that it is defective as well, EXACTLY the same problem.
I return the units to my dealer, who returns them to Prima Lune.

I received a phone call from a Mr. Kevin Deal, big cheese at PrimaLuna.
Told me that the capacitors, on BOTH units had failed and the units were putting out DC.
He even THANKED me, for being a guinea pig, and discovering the flaw in his units.

He offered me a pair of tubes, as "compensation" for my troubles!! What a joker!!

WOW, a pair of tubes for blowing my $30,000. speakers!!

The height of arrogance and total disregard for the consumer of his product.
To all audiophiles, do yourself a favour, STAY AWAY for this brand, unless you want your speakers cooked.

TOTAL lack of quality control, MADE IN CHINA junk, what more needs to be said.

Mr. Deal, WAKE UP, and STOP selling defective products!!

If, you are using PrimaLuna, and your speakers fail, check the amp or pre amp.

George

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
thorloki
" nobody builds a product like PrimaLuna...except Atma-Sphere"
It's been a while since I heard a better joke.
Well George, what do you have to say now? Let me guess; you will continue to insist that it was all PL's fault and not Bryston's. I must admit not understanding why-as mentioned by Kevin, ML would handle this under warranty-how is this a failure on their part? I find it interesting that you are quick to be jingo-istic if not downright xenophobic about China and you are Canadian and just where is Bryston made again? Funny too that Bryston eschews DC protection in some of their amps "for the sake of sound quality" when let's face reality, Bryston builds nice gear with great warranties but has never been known for great sounding amplifiers. They are on the dry side which is likely why you went to the PL preamp in the first place, either consciously or subconsciously. The reality seems to be that as I have said earlier, you suffered from a series of compounded failures, part of which is attributable to PL, part to Bryston, and part to your strange allocation of resources. I bet you are not the original owner of those ML's and paid a mere fraction of the $30K you kept spouting about. 
" nobody builds a product like PrimaLuna...except Atma-Sphere"
It's been a while since I heard a better joke.

Below is a quote from the review of our $2199 ProLogue Premium preamp.  Herb Reichert is both technically adept, and very experienced.  

"When I removed the ProLogue Premium’s bottom plate, I was instantly impressed by the quality of parts and labor I saw. I’ve serviced countless tube amps, including some of the world’s most expensive, and have never seen better crafted point-to-point wiring or more intelligent layout."

Herb Reichert, Stereophile June 2017

If on the other hand you think I'm joking about Atma-Sphere, just look at their products.  The handwork is beautiful.  And they sound great.  I have no problem giving complements where they are due. 

Well George, what do you have to say now? Let me guess; you will
continue to insist that it was all PL’s fault and not Bryston’s.

Truth is the PrimaLuna capacitor failed. We take responsibility for that ultimately. I’ve been doing this for 40 years guys, and I’m a realist.

Some failures cannot be explained. I just slammed a speaker company about a driver failure and went round and round as they did not want to warranty it, only to find out that the customer hooked up his REL subs wrong to his balanced differential power amps (and didn’t tell me). The result was a midrange driver that absolutely sounded blown. I mean bad.
My employee drove hours to his home, swapped the driver, same problem. Hooked up the sub correctly. Problem went away. I raised holy hell with the speaker company about this and now have to admit "Hey things happen" and I was wrong.