Most Important, Unloved Cable...

Ethernet. I used to say the power cord was the most unloved, but important cable. Now, I update that assessment to the Ethernet cable. Review work forthcoming. 

I can't wait to invite my newer friend who is an engineer who was involved with the construction of Fermilab, the National Accelerator Lab, to hear this! Previously he was an overt mocker; no longer. He decided to try comparing cables and had his mind changed. That's not uncommon, as many of you former skeptics know. :)

I had my biggest doubts about the Ethernet cable. But, I was wrong - SO wrong! I'm so happy I made the decision years ago that I would try things rather than simply flip a coin mentally and decide without experience. It has made all the difference in quality of systems and my enjoyment of them. Reminder; I settled the matter of efficacy of cables years before becoming a reviewer and with my own money, so my enthusiasm for them does not spring from reviewing. Reviewing has allowed me to more fully explore their potential.  

I find fascinating the cognitive dissonance that exists between the skeptical mind in regard to cables and the real world results which can be obtained with them. I'm still shaking my head at this result... profoundly unexpected results way beyond expectation. Anyone who would need an ABX for this should exit the hobby and take up gun shooting, because your hearing would be for crap.  
douglas_schroeder

shadorne

@geoffkait

Just a heads up you misquoted me.

I said "Some" not "All"

Whatever. You cannot prove it, in any case, either some or all are explained by placebos. You also claimed many of the rest of the positive results were probably equipment issues, which you can’t prove, either. It’s just the usual ridiculous crap naysayers come up with to try to save face. One assumes you would agree, however, that the remaining positive results, subtracting the ones you claim are placebos and the ones you claim are equipment issues, are real positive results. Well, now we’re getting somewhere! 😄
@geoffkait 

I didn't see your explanation of how the sound keeps playing with Ethernet cable unplugged?

I take it you are totally stumped 🤔 ? 

The reason is ethernet data is transmitted asynchronously to the buffer on demand and when the buffer is lower the device will call for more data. There is often enough buffered data to play for about 30 seconds😆. 

The reason is ethernet data is transmitted asynchronously to the buffer on demand and when the buffer is lower the device will call for more data

Gosh, that's fascinating.

It's clear Geoff doesn't understand what this means and what the implications are. It's why no one has attempted to answer a rather simple question. 
Just to remind what this discussion is about and why "we" disagree with esoteric, expensive Ethernet cable being able to actually IMPROVE the sound quality of a streamed audio program over a basic spec cable...it is this.

When you have spent (for example) $40,000 on your speakers and another $50,000 on playback delivery and amplification equipment, you have already demonstrated that you are compulsive in this hobby.  Perhaps you have no other interests or entertainment outlets.  Like the auto-geek squeezing a few more horsepower out of a high performance engine, you seek any avenue  (like expensive cables) to ”make it better." It is in this audio zone (where true performance cannot be measured) that expectation bias rules.  Those that understand it, temper their follow on purchases with good judgement.  Those that do not, bleed from their wallet and refuse to accept that there are product manufactures that understand you, know you are an easy mark and take advantage of your naivety.