Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
I’ve been trying out these Black fuses over the last couple of months after reading about them here. I’ve been using Hifi Tuning fuses for the last 10 years or so.

The first Black fuse I tried was in the Ac inlet of my power regenerator. Huge improvement.
I’ve since put them into my Dac and Speaker management unit.
I’m now eager to try the Blue fuses.

One thing I noticed though which differs from most users here is that I found the fuses to perform better with the writing against the current flow. I experienced that slight out of phase sensation with the fuses this way but then they transform bringing out a huge, wide and deep soundstage with imaging I’ve never heard so good in my system.
Reversing the fuse direction, so the writing goes with the current flow causes the mids and highs to be recessed and detail and imaging lost.
Almarg and Wolf I have some experience with patents and their searches. I did not find a thing on either the company or Mr. Denny, however I did look several years ago and found a patent application for Mr.Denny I cannot remember for what field the application was made. I did not see a patent granted..but there is a lot of info to comb out on the USPTO site.

I use n52 cylinder magnets and not fuses. Someone asked about nickel over brass.. The magnets are nickel plated to reduce or eliminate corrosion of the compressed neo powder underneath which is highly absorbent to ambient moisture. 

Maybe someone on the thread has experience with applying a graphene suspension.. like a liquid to conductive metals. I would like to try such an application of graphene to the nickel plating of the cylinder magnets. In hopes the enhanced conductive surface and the magnet within would make for an even more powerful music presentation. Tom
Thank you, Tom (Theaudiotweak). For the record, though, his name is spelled "Denney," not "Denny." That misspelling has also been made by a number of others during the course of this thread.

The only mention of SR or any of its products I found in my search of granted patents and patent applications was a very brief mention in the text of two patents involving dielectric bias techniques that had been jointly granted in 2006 and 2011 to Bill Low and Richard Vandersteen. But neither those patents nor anything else I found made reference to any patents granted to or applied for by SR or Mr. Denney.

Regards,
-- Al

mattspl
"One thing I noticed though which differs from most users here is that I found the fuses to perform better with the writing against the current flow. I experienced that slight out of phase sensation with the fuses this way but then they transform bringing out a huge, wide and deep soundstage with imaging I’ve never heard so good in my system. Reversing the fuse direction, so the writing goes with the current flow causes the mids and highs to be recessed and detail and imaging lost."

>>>>>Makes sense to me. The bottom line is the fuse - any fuse, even stock off the shelf fuses - should be tried both ways. You cannot necessarily rely on the manufacturer to keep track of directionality of the wire. Even HiFi Tuning says, try it both ways, even though there’s an Arrow (diode) symbol on the fuse. For a long time if memory serves SR used to claim that their patented million volt treatment made their fuses non directional. Not sure if they’ve backed off that claim but they probably should if they haven’t. 😀