Upgrading Turntable suggestions

I am looking to upgrade my Turntable.  I currently have a music Hall mmf 9.1 and looking to take the next step up.  My budget is $5K and when I say $5K this means table, tonearm and cartridge all in.
The rest of the system is a Vincent hybrid integrated sv237, Vincent phono pho700 and they are hooked into magnificent Martin Logan ethos.  Have at folks...GO!!!
polkalover
Learning to set up your own turntable is fun and rewarding. If you let some guru set it up...what fun or how rewarding is that??

Hes REALLY inexpensive too ill bet! ROFL.

Matt M

I carefully watched Brooks set up a lot of tables, and the basics are very well known by most here. But getting the last nth degree of accuracy is the tough part. My eyesight isn’t so hot; Brooks had and Brian has some really fine tools for precision work, including the Ortofon computer analysis machine (with it’s dedicated test-LP), which produces a print-out of the cartridge’s performance in terms of channel balance, distortion, etc. Scrutinizing those results, and listening to well-known musical LP’s, the cartridge alignment (in all respects---tracking force, VTA/SRA, anti-skate if applicable, included) is adjusted to achieve maximum performance.

Brooks didn’t and Brian doesn’t charge for their set-up of a player you buy from them---it is included in the purchase price. Even if you buy only a new cartridge, Brian installs and aligns it, and remounts the arm it is installed in if necessary. If the table itself requires adjustment (as is often the case, at least to attain his high standards), that is done as well. He also breaks in the cartridge, giving it a certain number of hours play on his workbench, after which he repeats the alignment, making minute adjustments as necessary.

I have a Project RM 10.1 Evolution with a 50 hour old Soundsmith Zephyr mkii cartridge for sale for less than half your budget. Terra cones underneath, speed box speed controller, isolation base. All together, retail is $5,100. Didn’t get a chance to list it here but it’s on the other site. I set it up with the Fiekert tool and set azimuth with a fozgometer. It’s ready to play.
PM me. It’s a killer combo.
Feeling the need to tinker and possibly get more detail and soundstage from my records.