Tekton Electon/DI compares to what?

I know there is a lot of love and hate for Tekton on this and various other audio forums. I'm not here to discuss the validity of anything but would love impressions from listeners. Given that these are internet-direct, I can't hear before buying so I need the online community's help. Being in Canada, an in-home trial is a very expensive en devour! 

I'm looking at specifically the Electron as it's slightly smaller for my condo living room size. There is talk of a Mini-Ulff but with no info online other than its mentioning, I'll leave it out for now.

Now I understand the Electron/DI sound very similar, almost the same. So with that in mind, for those that have actually heard either of these speakers, what do they sound similar to so I can try to demo a pair to get a jist of what to expect? What speakers have you directly compared against them? 

Other speakers I have on my list are: Harbeth 30.1, Audio Note E LX Hemp, Totem Sky Floorstander, ATC 19, Salk Silk series, Klipsch Forte III, JBL 4312SE.
msommers
Post removed 

Look, I understand the skepticism toward Tekton speakers and even, to a degree, some of the backlash over their "sudden" popularity. For sure, a healthy skepticism is a highly desirable quality in the world of high end audio. I was skeptical myself, but I had some time off this summer and just wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. So I tried the Double Impacts, and after a few weeks of breaking them in, I got it. In my system and to my ears and for my listening preferences, they are phenomenal speakers, and not just at their price point.

I can also understand how someone might not find them to be their cup of tea, though I would caution anyone trying them to give them a chance to settle in, especially if they are new, before making a final judgment. Measurements notwithstanding, there is an undeniable subjective element in what we like and do not like in sound, so if someone doesn't like them, so be it.

What I cannot understand is the persistent drumbeat of the four or five self-appointed Tekton detractors--all of whom admit to having never actually heard the speakers themselves--who constantly show up in Tekton threads to disparage the speakers. Skepticism is one thing, rendering a judgment on something you have no firsthand experience with is just ridiculous, and doing it repeatedly is...weird? Absurd? Foolish? Irresponsible? Take your pick.

Maybe the speakers and their relative affordability is somehow threatening to folks with a lot more money and ego invested in their speakers. I have no idea and don't care. Not my circus, not my monkeys, as they say. But those who are considering an audition of the speakers should be aware that a lot of the negative talk about Tekton speakers--at least in this forum--has been generated by these same few members, whatever their agenda or motives may be for posting repeatedly about speakers they have absolutely no experience with.

The OP is seeking input from people who have actually tried the speakers. What is so difficult to comprehend about that?

@waltersalas  What other speakers have you had and how do they compare? What would you say your listening preferences are?

@vitop What are the mini-Ulfs? I can't see them on the website? Have your speakers arrived? How did the DIs compare to the other fabulous speakers you mentioned? I've heard some Sonus Faber before and quite enjoyed them.

@malthuse If I'm ever out that way I'll be sure to let you know. Please report back once you have your monitors (I saw on CAM as well) and provide some impressions after some settling time!

@james_w514 Thanks James! If I'm out that way I'll be sure to let you know!

Overall I'm not looking for an in your face speaker, nor one that is too laid back as I find it boring. Something with a nice wide soundstage, excellent depth, moderately good bass (I live in a condo), detailed but slightly rolled highs and punchy midbass. I feel like with my tube preamp I can bump up the "lushness" in the mids if I want to.
@msommers 

The Double Impacts replaced the wonderful Daedalus Ulysses in my system. Both are great speakers, but I felt that the DI had a superior soundstage  (the Ulysses sounded slightly "boxy" by comparison) and were  much more convincing with rock music. I compared them at length, and ultimately found that I simply preferred the Double Impacts with a wider range of music. 

That is certainly one priority with me. I also need to feel an emotional connection with the music. This is hard to describe, naturally, but I will just say that I can listen to the Double Impacts for hours with no fatigue at all. Their sound is mesmerizing and just "right" for me. I do not catch myself picking apart the specific characteristics of their presentation as I sometimes have with other speakers. It's just a seamless quality, with the right tone and texture and nothing really missing.

Other speakers I have owned prior to the Ulysses: Vienna Acoustics Beethovens, Piega P10s, and Intuitive Design Gamma Summits. All had very positive qualities, but I preferred the Ulysses to all of them by a good margin. I did not really expect the Double Impacts to unseat them, but they did. In my system, they're truly magical.

What part of" HAVING HEARD" did you Pom Pomers not hear????. Seems the same group of half dozen people who drank the Kool aid sit on hear and self regulate (Ill refrain from what was intended to be said, it just starts with a "M") and feed their need to prove to the rest of the American consumers "US". That we are fools.

Sounds a bit self serving and narcissistic.

There were tubes and top line DACs, battery powered and it was a reviewers personal room.
 YES I and many can tell in 1 min if I am gonna like a speakers sound.. This was not a NEW speaker but well broken in..

SORRY put away your pom poms and say. MY ears like them and that's what matters.. DO not compare them to HIGH end lines and say THEY ARE >>>>> Killers.. Horrible marketing by the owner , IMHO, ASK Bob Carver if that worked..

I personal talked to Bob and he regretted that to this day..

Enjoy your speakers but seems disparaging any higher end design by praising these is a self defeating marketing method..

BY THE BY, IM NOT BASHING  Tekton.. Just stating Mine and a few others who have well regarded systems and have attended many CES and shows with me