Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli

jcarcopo
35 posts
09-14-2017 7:20pm
Mapman,
My purely biased answer is that Single Ended Triode tube amplification is the best sounding for any emotional meaningful reasoning in sound presentation.

Generally speaking, solid-state is a compromise IMHO, but more specifically, Push-Pull amps are a compromise regardless of whether it's tube or solid-state.  Even the best class A Solid-State doesn't compare to Single Ended Tube Amplifier sound quality-wise.  I prefer 8-10w 300b variants.

This is purely subjective of course, but I'm not alone in this camp.  
Generally speaking tubes are a compromise IMHO .My point here is that the Rogue Audio ST-100 comes closer to giving you the best of both worlds,compared to other tube amps.Not many amps can do this  .It has some nice solid state attributes,such as , Speed , Dynamics, Articulation and Bass Slam., but it  also has the qualities that you look for in tubes, such as Presence, realness ,smoothness, imaging ..etc
There is LESS of a trade off in either direction.
I agree that Sound Quality is also quite subjective .  
Post removed 
Statements such as SET are the best for emotion and solid state are best for bass slam/dynamics are WAY too general and are simply not correct.  Sorry.  I've owned or heard so many amps I know that's not true.  The best amps I've owned were Shindo Sinhonia which are 40 watt push-pull amps. The key is to match them with the correct speakers and get the room/set-up right. 
I just received my Tekton DI's today. I got them hooked up, still messing with placement here and there. They are a little imposing in height. I ordered the low gloss black rather than spend more on the gloss color. I did speak to Eric briefly. He was very enthusiastic, so much so in fact I began to recoil a little. My expectations were getting kind of high, i told him so, and he said, "Well, remember, these are only $3000.00 speakers after all so..." We kind of left it at that. I had auditioned a few different speakers a couple of years back and I wasn't particularly impressed. I had the Gallo 3.1 reference speakers with the SA. They are the ones with the dual voice coils. I liked them but I didn't love them.I traded up for the 3.5's and I thought there were some decent improvements. I changed speaker cable, power chord, IC's a few times and couldn't really get out what I thought should be coming out of my system. I read a lot of reviews. A LOT!! And I read them over and over trying to glean any information to get a better idea of what I had, or what I could get to enhance my system. I read speaker reviews by these pro reviewers and I couldn't figure out how they could hear all that stuff they were describing. Timber, tone, detail this and that. I kept thinking WTF am I missing. I just found out! I now know what this is all about because my system has the one thing it was missing, a good, no a great, speaker. These are tremendous. They absolutely sing. They are the most beautiful sound I could ever have imagined. They are gloriously musical, very detailed, very laid back in their presentation, just beautiful. They have the $300.00 upgrade. I am done looking for speakers! I then changed out a couple of different IC's to compare. I could hear EVERYTHING about the IC's. I am in love with these speakers! 
System- BAT VK500 amp, VK51se tube pre amp, VKD5se tube CD . Damn, it does sound sp awesome! No room treatments, just sofa, chairs and carpet. I might change the IC's but they are also very detailed and transparent. Holy crap, I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't heard it myself and it was because of you guys on Audiogon on this thread that caught my eye. Thank you Agoners!