Is there a better integrated amp than the Cary SI-300.2d for the money?

Hi all,

I have a very large stereo system from PBN that I love.  The two amps each weigh 200 lbs (with 4 kva transformers each) and there is a separate very large power supply for both the preamp and phono preamp.  Top notch quality.  But, too big for our new house.  Again, I love that system (2 Olympia amps together with the Olympia LX and Olympia P preamps) but need to switch.  Does anyone have experience with the Cary SI-300.2d integrated amp?  What are some good solid state amps at the $4k - $5k price range?  Thanks in advance for your help.

ozfly
The Creek does look interesting.   Creek is always impressive.  Thanks for the suggestion.
I highly recommend the Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 integrated amp. I know some tube lovers that got this amp and have not looked back, including me. Best integrated that I have heard. It has state of the art Room Correction, Dac, sounds great at all volumes, no interconnects needed. Silky smooth highs/midrange and kickin bass. Its a must listen in my opinion.

http://lyngdorf.com/tdai-2170/

I had a Creek 4330 for years.  Actually I still have it and stored it before using it to build an office system. My system now has an Ayre integrated. 
My current Ayre is definitely a step up from the Creek, but they have 20 years of difference between when they were manufactured and are at different price points. 
Ayre will be coming out with the unit to replace the AX-7e soon, and I imagine many will hit the used market soon. 
Thus, if you want new I think creek is a great way to go, if used is OK, you might consider picking up an AX-7e. 

Ps Creek has excellent customer service. My volume Pot developed a problem after about 15 years. After trying various sources and being unsuccessful, I called Creek and they said they'd look through their old stuff, and call back in a few days. They did, I did, and they sent me the part for free except for shipping. 

Luxman make some very nice integrated amps may find a acuphase used as well for that money. Then there is the audio research amps used and so many others. Start reading