Is there a better integrated amp than the Cary SI-300.2d for the money?

Hi all,

I have a very large stereo system from PBN that I love.  The two amps each weigh 200 lbs (with 4 kva transformers each) and there is a separate very large power supply for both the preamp and phono preamp.  Top notch quality.  But, too big for our new house.  Again, I love that system (2 Olympia amps together with the Olympia LX and Olympia P preamps) but need to switch.  Does anyone have experience with the Cary SI-300.2d integrated amp?  What are some good solid state amps at the $4k - $5k price range?  Thanks in advance for your help.

ozfly
Line Magnetic 518. Oops, not solid state. I just can't do non tubes! The LM is a cracker.
Creek is very nice and only about 2k with some modules...

You'd need to listen to both to see if sounded better than the Cary
The Creek does look interesting.   Creek is always impressive.  Thanks for the suggestion.
I highly recommend the Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 integrated amp. I know some tube lovers that got this amp and have not looked back, including me. Best integrated that I have heard. It has state of the art Room Correction, Dac, sounds great at all volumes, no interconnects needed. Silky smooth highs/midrange and kickin bass. Its a must listen in my opinion.

http://lyngdorf.com/tdai-2170/