Has anyone ever heard these speakers by Volti Audio?

I have read a few things about Volti Audio (in Nashville TN). Has anyone ever heard a pair?
Most specifically the Vittora : http://voltiaudio.com/vittora/.
These might really match well with my tube amp but are quite expensive.
128x1282psyop
@gawdbless --

There are plenty of Interesting points here regarding the mid range preferred by Uccello and Vittora going different ways.

The devil's in the detail ;)

I would love to and will one day trot off to the UK give the Uccello a listen.

The Uccello’s are build to order, and as is Mr. Mears has a waiting list and will concentrate on current orders until taking new ones. I know that he recently sold his own (first-build) pair of Uccello’s to a fellow in the UK, so maybe he could assist with an audition arranged through Mr. Mears. Should you venture to Denmark I’ll gladly give you a demo of my Uccello’s (with or without the aid of subwoofer, at your choosing) :)

Its great that there are small companies keeping the horn flag flying as despite all the anomalies and serious quirks horns, like our ears are the best for music, my opinion, naturally.

I wholeheartedly agree. Meeting the speaker builder himself with no middlemen is a treasure if one cherishes being confronted with the true passion - insofar this is embraced by the man himself :) I read of the Uccello’s online by some mere chance (actually my initial interest was in Mr. Mears’ rebuild of the Tannoy Autograph cornerhorns), mailed Simon, then called him and arranged for an audition at his place in Brighton, UK. I then ordered the Uccello’s, waited some 3 months until they were finished, and picked them up by myself (with the help of a friend) after a long van-drive to Brighton and back (we wanted to avoid any freight companies for specific reasons). All the while my speakers were made I was sent pictures and had a continuing correspondence with Mr. Mears on design options, the process, etc. (others would simply order the speakers, and not be heard from until their pair of speakers were finished - whatever one chooses here). Having been fortunate to acquire the Uccello’s and experience the whole process of their making (and beyond) is something I’m grateful for.
Properly designed and implemented horns offer something quite unique, to my mind as well. Coming about this could be a many-pages long post in itself..

Wonder if Uccello will ever come to the US to a show or find a distributor, such as High Water Sound?

This will not be the case, I’m told. A distributor would also send the retail price north of its current listing with a significant margin, which Mr. Mears has no interest in.

Why not try a bigger mid range cone and larger flare rather than a 2" mid range cone? which seems to be the vogue. Cost maybe?

Bear in mind that the Uccello’s midrange driver sports a 5" diaphragm (with a 2" exit), which to my knowledge is larger than any known midrange compression in production today (expect of course its design origin and inspiration, the RCA MI1428 field coil unit). A larger horn would be easily attainable, but then of course be a different design than the Uccello’s.
@phusis  I'm new to horn speakers and your post is truly educational for me. Thank You! A trip to Brighton and a meeting with Mr. Mears would be a really nice add on to a future planned Vincent Brient and  ~ Mont Saint-Michel meeting. 
@david_ten --

I’m new to horn speakers and your post is truly educational for me. Thank You! A trip to Brighton and a meeting with Mr. Mears would be a really nice add on to a future planned Vincent Brient and ~ Mont Saint-Michel meeting.

And thank you :) I have edited out a section of my post above, as I found it too closely to give insight into Mr. Mears’ doings. That part of the comment is now more oblique, shall we say..

I can only encourage you to seek out a Brighton trip on your tour.
@phusis  Coincidently, today, I received an IEM cable from Linum/Estron out of Denmark. Perhaps a trip to Gryphon should also be on the itinerary. : )
Back to Volti speakers.
I've owned the Alura for over three years. I consider them my end-game speakers. Why? They are both delicate and forceful. Refined with a touch of overtness. They have a "liveness" that I'm, to this day, surprised and appreciate - without a trace of any horn signature.
I run them with a BorderPatrol amp, which I believe is the best match. Easy to drive. Abundant head-room. Presentation skews to however the recoding was made - front row, closely miked, diffuse live recordings, etc.
I can tell you I feel very fortunate to have run into Greg Roberts at AXPONA - a great guy and artisan...and also, Gary Dews of BorderPatrol.
You can see my setup at my Virtual System - "Neo Vintage". If you have any questions, feel free to post on the listing.
Happy Listening.