Anyone Had Extended Listening Experience With MBL?

Has anyone had the pleasure, listening for extended periods to any of the MBL speakers? If so, how many hours, which speakers & what electronics were driving them? Speaker wires, interconnects? Your thoughts & how engaging did you find them? Thanks.
linden56
A tragically sad story indeed, prof.

My personal story of material tragedy is the rich kid that bought my mint, numbers-matching 69 Z28 with the ultra-rare (500 produced) GM Penske/Donahue crossram racing intake, two Holly 585 no-choke double pumpers and professionally built, balanced-and-blueprinted 302 motor and then pulled and traded that motor for a POS big block, completely ruining the collectability of the car. $175k => $30k in the blink of an eye. Broke my heart.

Dave

LOL, I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about until I finally saw the word "car" at the end.  I'm not a car guy.  But whatever that meant, you have my sympathies :-)
Ha! A reminder of how the outside world must puzzle at what is written in the audio forums. lol 

Trust me, prof, collector car enthusiasts are every bit as fanatical as audiophiles.

Dave
The MBL preamp was used every time I heard them.. All cables are Wireworld Platinum Series 7. The 101E’s are very detailed, open, great imaging and tonality. They can sound too detailed, almost bright at times.
I would not blame the speakers for brightness. I got to spend some time with the mbl line stage and that seemed to be bright; when we changed it out for a tube preamp (our MP-1) the mbl101s took on a much more natural sound and lost the brightness. They seem to be pretty neutral.

Every time I've heard then at shows though they've sounded bright; but that was with the mbl electronics as well. IMO the speaker is not a good match with their electronics as it gets too bright and sterile, although their amps IMO are better than their preamps in that regard. 
Also, the WireWorld Platinum Starlight cables can be very bright with certain components/systems as well. A very fast cable that demands careful matching IME. Don’t recommend matching them to a system already on the edge...

Dave