Shielded power cord best used on Digital/Source or on Tube Amps?

Well I just tried the Furutech DPS-4 power cable with the Furutech Fl-50 Nano connectors. I hate to say this but it is a very, very, good power cable. Detail without brightness and a deep deep soundstage. Powerful full range and great dynamics. Actually the best power cord that I have tried.

I ended up buying 7 meters of the raw DPS-4 cable and decided to try my hand making power cables for my system. I also purchased the Furutech Fl-50 NCF Nano AC/IEC connectors.

I will also be obtaining some Nanotech 308 cable. This cable does not seem to have the extreme shielding that the Furutech does, so my plan is to use the Furutech DPS-4 on my Digital and front end source equipment and the Nanotech 308 with my Amps. Both cables are 11 gauge.

Is that what you guys recommend before I start cutting lengths? The Amp cables need to be 3M & 2M long.

Thanks,
ozzy

128x128ozzy
So, I have now made several cords with the Furutech DPS-4 and the Furutech NCF connectors. I connected the outer shield ground to the ground wire as a drain wire connected at the AC plug end only.

Believe it or not the cable was not too hard to terminate.
I used a large copper tubing cutter from a hardware store to cut through to the copper shield/wire initially.  Then I slit the copper shielded wire to make it into a cable /wire to be connected later to the ground wire. Then, wire strippers were used to trim the conductor insulation. On the cut wire ends I applied some Nano gold silver liquid.

Using the Furutech NCF connectors was also easy to work with. They have a groove on the side which meshes with a small rib inside the connector shell.
And it seems that using 11 gauge wire even with the added ground drain wire was not too difficult to insert and snug down. The cable clamp down is the best around.

The Furutech DPS-4 sounds very good on digital and with my tube power amps. But, I don’t have enough to use with all of the equipment, so the Nanotec 308 will make up the difference.

ozzy
Ozzy, glad to hear the power cord went together as planned.
Please keep track of the break-in time required and let us know.
lak,

Right off the cutting block the cable sounds impressive, but like most things that carry current more time is usually helpful. 
ozzy
@ozzy 

I sent you a message but it could benefit those reading here as well. Where did you order the DPS-4? I see Chris at VH Audio has it for $360 a meter. Was hoping it could be sold by the foot.
t_ramey,

I just looked at VH Audio and it says $450 a meter.  Maybe its on sale.
Anyway, I'll check.

ozzy