How do i know

People always tell me to use my ears. But sometimes i find i difficult just to trust my ears. For example. I want to buy MBL N-15 power mono amps. So far so good. But if i go for MBL pre also, then they dont have dac and pre in one body. And MBL dont have a streamer. And here in Norway there is no store that have them both, so i cant get a way to listen to them together. 
So i am thinking. What about if i instead of MBL pre and dac, instead buy the lovely Ayre QX-5 twenty Pre / Dac and streamer in one. So far so good. But how can i know without hearing them together, know that the Ayre QX-5 Twenty and MBL-15 mono power amps fits together
128x128heidrun
It's called "paying your dues". It would be wonderful if you knew which equipment would meet all of your needs for the rest of time. Which recordings would suite your taste. Of course we don't know this. We would save so much money. So educate yourself and learn to read between the lines in audio reviews. Take some chances and one day you may have what you want.

If you are buying new, from the same manufacturer, reach out to the manufacturer and perhaps they could point you to another dealer even in another country that would be willing to demo for you and perhaps help make those arrangements for a demonstration. Coming through the manufacturer, you may get treated very well by such a dealer, even if they aren’t the selling agent due to territorial restrictions that may be in place. It’s a plane ticket, and maybe an excuse for a weekend get away. Worth a try.
Otherwise, agreed. It’s hard to assess stuff until you get it in your room, in your system, and live with it for a while. That’s why there’s so much turnover in gear, leaving aside the "gotta have the latest" mentality.
There’s someone on here that goes by sidekick_i who owns a shop in Stockholm and carries some very well respected audio brands. I’m sure he or she would be able to help you out.
Yeah, the Stockholm dealer posted in Gryphon thread.
I would say that unless you are going to use MBL speakers as well, there is little need to only consider MBL.