Ohm Speakers, thoughts?

I have long dismissed Ohm speakers as anything that could be competitive in todays state of the art. But of course I want to believe that this "old" American company still has some horsepower left to compete with asian built speakers built by people that take in less money in a week than my dog sitter takes in the couple hours it takes to let my dogs out to crap when I am away for a day :)? The reviews I have read here and there report incredible imaging but what about other aspects of the Ohm 5 II. Any thoughts?
nanderson
Thanks Jedenite24 for your response.

It looks like Dale is the one true continuation of the Walsh legacy. I bought a pair of Ohm Fs back in the late 70s and powered them with a 500 watt McIntosh. It was an amazing sound. I sold them in the early 80s when I needed the cash.

I picked up a pair of Ohm Walsh 2s a couple of years ago and have a Sony STR-AV880 amplifier, which sounds OK but no longer at those lofty audio heights. I do hope someday to obtain one of Dale's new designs and a new amp, but till then will have to just go on my memories and readings.
For their time, a really great concept and well executed. Still very good today. I use 4th order active xovers on my 4s (with 1/3rd oct active EQ) with 4th order at 45Hz to stereo active 12" Dayton subs. Added 2" thickcotton batting on all interal walls and braces, too. Yes, pretty large boxes but the casters help. So open, so smooth, so extended at both frequency extremes.

FWIW and FYI.  Ohm owner/founder John Henry Strohbeen has died in Brookly, NY.  

From an Oct 17 FB post on the  Ohm pages... OHM SPEAKERS | Facebook

"Dear Audiophiles, Artists, Engineers, Designers, Friends, Contemporaries, and Associates of John Henry Strohbeen III,

We are sad to share that John passed away recently in his adopted home town of Brooklyn, New York. He left too soon. He was an avid audiophile and engineer who was continuously working to innovate and improve his products, and he had unfinished designs on his desk, unwritten emails to send, and unknown listeners he looked forward to meeting."

Dang...

I remember Ohm A's and F's.....didn't have a wallet fat enough, but absolutely loved them both...I think I heard them with Phase Linear amps