Damping to exitation of parasitic modes of

What is the best material to use as a substrate for making Isolation plinths/platforms, for damping the excitation of parasitic modes of vibration as well as HF resonance? That looks cosmetically appealing as well?
128x128jollygreenaudiophile2
There is something inside a Shun Mook Mpingo disc which makes it even more difficult to wrap one's mind around. There’s a small circular discoloration in the wood where someone obviously drilled out a hole on one side of the disc and inserted this thing, then covered it up with a circular insert. You can hardly tell it’s there. The Moingo discs are directional, both top to bottom and as you turn the disc around. That’s why one side has some Chinese character engraved in it, so that’s the side that’s facing down. I’ve knocked off more Moingo discs than the average bear and know how to mark them for direction. Call it a skill.
Hey Geoff,

A good friend is encouraging me to try Mad Scientist Black Discus. Looks like a unappetizing Reese Cup to me. Have at it if you will.

The DIY power purifier on their website looks interesting...

Dave

Ok, If you can tell me these things dont have a half-life of 3 months I'll probably bite. So whatever this is works in conjunction with a variable density medium, is very small, and passive, hmm. Battery operated? Very small field generator? So Shun Mook 'IS" from the 9th dimension which evolves through the center "Torus" per string theory! Ok where do I pick mine up? Or do they simply appear, but only for us whom are enlightened? Is there a currency exchange involved? I still believe in the barter system. Here, hold this duck whist I..........
                 But seriously folks, Can I buy used? Scratch and dent clearance?
I Have never heard anything negative about Shun Mook, so there "should" be something to it. At least I hope so if he's getting my ducky!
As Acoustic engineer my advice is first to determine what frequency range you want to dampen (for example 20Hz -100Hz) and then find a material that is suitable. I know that sounds trivial but most people just start throwing names before even analyzing the problem. To find the suitable material I would check the transmissibility curves of different materials. A transmissibility graph is basically an input/output graph; everything above "1" means that you get amplification and below "1" means damping. Obviously you don’t want any resonance peaks in the region that you want to improve, otherwise you can end up making things worse. By comparing the graphs of different materials you can select the one that provides the most damping in the frequency region of interest. Those transmissibility measurements are really basic and any serious company should be able to provide you with those graphs. If they don’t I would question their seriousness.