Which would you pick between the two DAC.

Which would you pick between these two DAC?

1. Wadia 321

2.  Ayre Codex

Thank you,

eddy1
Hi eddy,

Should you now or at a later time decide to replace your PC with a server/renderer/streamer, there are good options at reasonable prices. The Auralic Aries is a good all-in-one streamer/renderer (wireless with a good control App - easy peezy to install and use) for <$1k used. A good bump up in sound and build quality is the Aurender N100H (Ethernet connection required and includes 2T HDD storage and 240Gb SSD cache - hi-rez downloads played from the Aurender can make any compatible DAC sound pretty amazing) for about 2X that price. Both are reported to work well with a variety of DACs via USB but a few DACs struggle with the Linux-based operating system of the Aurender so best to check that out before buying.

Others will no doubt have their favorites in the lower price range.

Once you experience the benefits of improved sound quality, flexibility, and user-orientation of the better renderer/streamer products you will not go back to your desktop/laptop.

Dave
Sorry to get here late however I wanted to mention that I am using an Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC and have had luck with tweaking the sound beautifully. I've added an XLR tuning stick from Akiko Audio to my DAC left XLR output and an Akiko 3D tuning chip on top of the DAC, in the center and towards the back (at first the 3D tuning chip was overwhelming but I have now found that an entirely different placement from my original choice makes this DAC sing beyond my expectations). I switched out the DAC stock fuse with a Synergistic Research Black fuse and added two Akiko fuse tuning chips as well. I've also added an Akiko USB tuning stick to my MacMini. The difference is remarkable and I am no longer up sampling. I've found no up sampling to be both unnecessary and preferable. I also use Audirvana Plus 3. 
For those who are totally opposed to tweaking, I completely understand but if you have no objections towards tweaking, the Akiko products, with patience and careful placement, work wonders .
I just bought one new off Agon for $1,000, a great deal. I compared it to the Bel Canto Dac 3 and NAD M51. It bested the Bel Canto in total output, finesse, and certainly bass. The NAD was really close but I preferred the warmer sound of the Wadia on my higher efficiency speakers.

Haven't heard the Ayre.