Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
"Technics claimed the SP-10MKIII would maintain speed with up to one thousand tonearms tracking at 2 grams each."

The manual for my SP-10 Mk2A quotes maintained speed "even with a load torque up to 5 kg-cm (4.3 lbs. in.)"  That's only 500 tonearms tracking simultaneously at 2 g. each.  So obviously a very inferior performer.  ;^)
Halcro
re the 2 tonearm test.
Actually I would be surprised if any of the flag ship  DD TTs from that era failed this test.
Feedback and sufficient motor torque is all that is needed.
re the SP10 MK3, I don't run 2 arms, but I did a timeline test playing a record while forceably applying a carbon fiber record cleaning brush.
The dot did not move 3.7 meters away.
Not very scientific, I know,  but it is possible to apply much more torque this way than with a second arm.
It is also possible to significantly modulate this torque, which I did.
 No movement.

cheers 
The standard strobe on the turntable is not widely enough to control deviations?  
Richardkrebs,
Actually I would be surprised if any of the flag ship  DD TTs from that era failed this test.

I too would be surprised....but I still have not seen any videos subjecting any other turntables to the Timeline test with two or more tonearms/cartridges playing then NOT playing as per my video.
Despite what anyone may think about the Timeline....this test displays significant information about the speed correction facility of the turntable under test. For instance my TT-101 is not as 'perfect' as the TT-81 under this test....The Timeline moves 2mm from start to finish 😱

For years, there have been promises here, that videos would be uploaded....but nothing appears.
Surely you could do it richardkrebs and Peter...?
For Peter, it can demonstrate the relative performances of the Denon DP80 and DN308.

best-groove,
The ability to turn a heavy platter at the correct speed has little to do with how a turntable is able to maintain speed under 'stylus drag'.