Tekton Impact Monitors

Hi All,
I'm relatively new to Audiogon but have trolled the discussions for a few months. I have been listening to Spendor LS3/5As driven by a Quad 34/306 combination since the late 1980's and decided that it was finally time to upgrade my speakers. I love the Spendors but they are very limited in dynamics and scale. I auditioned the SVS Ultra Bookshelf speakers and while they brought some additional scale they simply didn't have the sweet midrange that I can't live without. I listened to some open baffle speakers (Emerald Physics) and loved them, but their size and need for space worried me, and I found them less satisfying at moderate and low volumes, where I do a fair bit of listening. I was fascinated by all the discussion regarding Tekton speakers and was considering getting a pair of Enzo 2.7s, but after a short discussion with Eric I followed his recommendation of the Impact Monitor with upgrade. They have the 7 tweeter array and a pair of 6.5" woofers and are rear-ported. I use a pair of SVS subs (the sealed variety). The Impact Monitors are simply amazing. The midrange is oh-so-sweet (very similar to my Spendors, but with more air) and the detail, even at low and moderate listening levels, is superb. The imaging is even better than my Spendors managed and the scale is huge and is much more music-appropriate. My system is really quite modest but now when I walk into my listening room (doubles as our living room - thankfully my wife appreciates Hi-Fi) I get the audio-show feeling of "being there". I have a Denon DP59L turntable with a DL110 HO moving coil cartridge running through an Emotiva XPS-1 phono preamp and the Tektons are absolutely incredible with classic rock on vinyl. I'm not sure how Eric managed it, but these speakers are superb, even with my 30 year old Quad electronics. I believe they are basically the top 24" of the Double Impacts, but are rear-ported rather than front ported. I can heartily recommend them and Eric and his team are great to work with. I'm not sure how many other Impact Monitors are out there since the pair I have are S/N 0005 and 0006!  
ky1mag
Hi sbayne,
I'm listening on the short side, so to speak. The room is 13 x 35 or so and I'm listening across the 12' width. The speakers are 9' apart and right now are sitting directly on top of my SVS subwoofers until I get some stands. The tweeters are just below ear level when I'm in my favorite Ikea Poang listening chair. The front baffle of the speakers are about 30" from the wall and toed in so that they are aimed at a point 4-5' behind me (behind the back wall). This places my ears about 8-9' away from the speakers which is perhaps a little close. The only downside to these speakers that I can discern, and it may be the listening set-up, is that the soundstage is precise but small compared to my LS3/5As. Of course the scale achieved by the IMs is much bigger.
I'm going to order a pair of these speakers.  Any recommendations for 22" or 24" stands with a top plate large enough to accommodate the Impact Monitors?
Hi danoroo
I haven't made the commitment to stands yet. Right now my IMs are sitting directly on top of my SVS subwoofers (on rubber feet) with the subs spiked to the floor. Seems to be working, but of course I will give some stands a try in the fall when I have more time to investigate. I suspect giving them some space (on stands) will open the sound up even more. I am loving these speakers. 

I was going to start a thread and found this one.  After reading much of the DI thread, I am close to buying the monitors.  I have a small room/office that is about 8x12 and my speakers are on the long wall about 6' apart.  I am currently running B&W CM5's and have had the 602's, which are similar in size to the Impacts.  Since my configuration is on the near field side, I emailed Tekton and Eric responded.  He said that the monitors would do well in my situation.  

I am supposed to be selling some gear this weekend and I will probably pull the trigger.  Did you guys go with the upgrade?  At $400, I feel it is probably worth getting, I don't want to be wishing that I had done it after I get them :)  I am also strongly considering buying the Micro ZOTL that everyone loves.  If it drives the DI's that well, I am sure it will be more than adequate for the monitors in a small room.