Has Rel fallen out of favor with audiophiles?

I own a Rel Storm 3. which I've had for 10 yrs or so. My new hardwood floor has really opened things up, especially in the bass area. much more pronounced bass and excellent sound stage.  I was planning on upgrading my sub after completing the floor. My Rel Storm 3 is pushing at its max to keep up in a 5k+ cu ft  room. Ten yrs ago the Storm 3 was one of the best on the market. It integrates very wall into the 2 channel system. Now, there is SVS, Rhythmic, PSA  etc which have much better specs than the Rels for less $$$. But the question for me is whether they actually integrate with the main speakers as well as the Rel? I use mine  for music 95% of the time. Music doesn't need to plumb the 16hz range as much as HT does. And most of the reviews seem to come from HT sources, IE AVS forum and the various HT magazines. From what I can tell, then Rhythmic seems to cater to the audiophile more than HT. But how about a sealed  SVS ?. And will they both integrate as well as the Rel with the high level speakon input? 

So, for audipophiles, do you sacrifice the ultra low hz for the good integration of the Rel? Or do you go with then SVS, Rhythmic, etc with their lower octave output? IOW, do the integrate as well?
Thanks for your help

arte
128x128artemus_5
dlcockrum, yes that's essentially how we did the initial REL suggested corner setup. My rooms close boundary corner location is horrible for all the subwoofers. The Studio IIIs down firing seemed to make things worse. Lowering the gain became the most effective adjustment for that location but it took a great deal out of the low frequency presentation.

murphythecat, after the more important individual comparisons using low level preamplifier source at the same location we then used the source signal from the Velodyne software to all three subs initially adjusting the gain for the 20, 25, 32, and 40Hz bands for flattest response. A more detailed overview can be found on the Velodyne site for Digital Drive Plus Interface Manual. 

I added T-7's to my monitors (currently running Tektons) and just loved the sound and ease of them. No problems with integration, boominess, or distortion. I do not see me going back to floor standers.
M-db, ok so gain were not perfectly matched? you eq’ed the REL? im confuse on your method. why EQ the sub?
my rel, if well positioned in the room measure ruler flat up to 80hz. no need to eq it if you measure at the listening position the best location for the rel (ie: where it will measure the more flat)
The Latest Rel made in the U.K like Stadium  or latedt storm which is less exprnsive,not the lesser China models 
Are without question as musically accurate as the U.S made top tier.
JL Audio ,SVS only their top Ultra I would consider top tier. There are even more expensive from B&W, Wilson, Magico even Revel have a $18k  powered 18inch monster.
If you have the $$.
I run two current version REL S5's in a 2ch only system and the results are amazing, they totally disappear and help create a much richer fuller sound in my room.  Night and day compared to before I brought them in.  :o)