How Is MQA Fareing?

In another thread here are posters are making comments about MQA suggesting that it isn't a big commercial success, that is should be called DOA, etc.  Yet there are always announcements about companies adopting MQA, testimonials from happy Tidal streamers, etc.
  I'm neutral on MQA but having witnessed more than a few formats go down in flames in my time, and still puzzling over the resurgence of vinyl, I wonder how one measures the marketplace progress of MQA.  Do we look at Tidal subscriptions?  Sales of MQA compatible DACs?  The size of Bob Stuart's house?
mahler123
@bkmaxey,  thanks for sharing the article. Very informative indeed. The article concluded on a very positive (hopeful)  note, 

"In the end I’m confident that the free, readily available, high quality, open-source alternatives will win out. Lock down, centralisation and profiteering has a tendency towards failure".

@bkmaxeyVery interesting.  Thank you posting that.  
You'll never see that point of view in Stereophile or The Absolute Sound.
To 2psyop - but I CAN hear the difference between Tidal Masters and the same original albums - not MQA encoded. For me, original albums sounds more like vinyl via tube ?
It's always good to hear an alternate point of view, but it sounds like Linn just doesn't want to pay Meridian whatever costs they might incur in implementing MQA.  Linn can always develop a better/cheaper way of streaming hi-res files if they want.

Tidal streaming is the main source for MQA listening right now.  Tidal also streams cd quality and mp3.  You pay more if you want higher quality or less if you want lower quality.  The choice is yours.

I think streaming is the future for digital audio. If enough people find MQA worth paying extra for, it will succeed, if not, it will fail.  I don't see it as a conspiracy to harm music.
Recently upgraded my MSB Analog DAC with the new MQA module. I was previously streaming Tidal Master and it sounded good but to actually decode the MQA is much much better. I am happy with it and expect that MQA will continue to grow. 
More to discover