Weakest link

How do you determine the weakest link in your set-up without any other equipment on hand?
Let's assume that the system already sounds pretty good and is balanced enough, no junk anywhere in the chain. Fun, isn't it?
inna
In my system, my speakers are the weakest link because it's the cheapest ones, but they sound good.
I could view the system as consisting of three elements which in turn consist of sub-elements: Source, 'wire with gain' and speakers/room. I believe any of them can be the weakest link. In my system source feels as the strongest element with the other two about equal.
Once you isolate a system's weakest link and then take corrective measures, then by definition some other component is now the weakest link.  Do you repeat the process over and over?  I take it on faith that any system can always be improved, but so what?  There should come a point where an audiophile should kick back and stop thinking about the equipment and the setup.  Well, at least for a month or two.

You can build a very balanced system with no clear weakest link. That's what I have been trying to achieve. Once done you can relax and enjoy it until you feel the need to take it to another level, step by step.
I agree with onhwy61. At some point I want to be able to say "so what"! I'll be there after I change another outlet and maybe add a power cord to my JL Audio sub. Any recommendations on power cable for subs?