Mcintosh

Anyone with knowledge on if there are any minor/significant differences between the Mcintosh mc2500 and mc2600?
2channeljunkie
@2channeljunkie I can't offer any input on the Theta amps; never ran across any.  I vastly preferred the MC2500 to SAE and Phase Linear at the time, but found the Threshold Stasis to be a bit more enjoyable with the turntable rig I was using (Magnepan arm, DV23 Ruby, Sota Sapphire).  Couldn't afford either, so stuck with my Hafler DH220 until I could swing my Belles Model One.  

@g_nakamoto Not necessarily; the 2500/2600 were designed as caged, rack-mount units and McIntosh decided to produce a form that could be used both by consumers and professionals.  That's why the fans are speed selectable and can be set to thermostatic control.  602 is strictly a consumer design; glass faceplates don't travel well in Anvil cases.
I agree with Rhodes on that.  They had dozens of them.  I think Phil Lesh had a separate output for each string on his bass, and each output had a dedicated MC2300.  A fine amp, but, at at around 125 lbs., a bit on the heavy side.
Post removed