Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Post removed 
Specs are okay, at best- unsound.

There are plenty of power amps that do very well and spec less than impressive. As always, let our ears be our guide through this Audio journey.

Happy Listening!
corvette01-

take your time in selecting gear for your Thiel speakers.  The hobby is not a sprint, but, a marathon. Get out to your local dealers/retailers and listen, listen, listen.  Keep writing and posting your listening thoughts, impressions and advice.  Have fun.

Happy Listening!
Post removed 
Corvette01,

I started my obscession in 2011 when my son gave me a subscription for Stereophile in a school fundraiser. Little did he and my wife know what they started. I purchased an Exposure integrated amp and CD player based on Stereophile budget system recommendations and shortly after, made my first Audiogon purchase, my current Thiel CS3.6s. Since then, I have gone through numerous amps, preamps, sources, and cables....most of which were purchased preowned on Audiogon.

Several points to consider. The Thiels have stayed in my setup. All other speakers were bought and sold after a short time. Also, buying and selling preowned is much more efficient. The Thiels have sounded good with every setup including the little Exposure 2010S integrated at low-medium volume. Once I decided I liked the sound of Audio Research tube amps/preamps, I was able to slowly step up the ladder by selling, then buying better preowned components (I previously tried high powered Krell and Bryston).

I agree with the others. I have received a lot of advise based on reading reviews, but mostly on forums like this, and my decisions have been based on listening in my listening rooms under ideal conditions...i.e at night, with a dim room and a glass of wine ;)