Another Vandersteen model 2 question

Sorry by keep asking questions and seeking for guidance. I just purchased a pair of 2Ci speakers. I asked Richard about the vintage and he kindly responded by telling me they are about 30 years old. I was half of my age back then and my respect doubled. Really like the sound. Now I'm thinking I must be missing so much between back then and the current new 2Ce models. I can afford them and my wife also likes the warmth and the incredible balance. The amp I'm using is my Vincent SP-331 (not the MK). Cables are run of the mill generic 12awg and bi-wired.

Thank you.

128x128kalali
At one time, I had both the 2ci and the 2ce signature.  I liked the 2ci better and kept them.
Bob. Not trying to start an argument with you, but the  2 Ci's are not even close to the new 2Ce Sig. II's. Other than the "2" designation and similar looks, they are two very different speakers. Years ago I had listened to the Ci at great length , considering a possible purchase. Even back then I couldn't get past their polite, reticent, lack of dynamics type of sound, not to mention the rolled off high frequencies and lack of mid-range resolution. The new 2 Ce's have none of these problems. I know it sounds like I am bashing the older Vandys, but even back then I wanted more out of my loudspeakers. It wasn't till the last couple of years that Vandersteen started making speakers (within my price range) that finally gave me what I wanted from them. That is why I have the  Treo CT's along with a 2Wq sub, soon to be two subs. (maybe).  If the OP wants to keep the Ci's, fine. I'm totally ok with that. Just that I believe there is a huge difference between the old and the new.....IMO:)
Thanks for the input. I agree with the comment about "polite" sound quality of the Ci but I personally don't find them rolled-off at higher frequencies nor the mid-range lack of resolution but all things are relative so I'm not questioning the input. I'm not discounting the input from mr_m but I have no doubt that improvements have been made. Perhaps it boils down to personal choice, just like any other speaker question. I'm fortunate to live a little over an hour away from Audio Connection and might have the opportunity to try the new models at home. Or I can take my amp and try it at the store. I also know there are lots of options in the $3K price range, new or used. At this point I just wanted to hear from folks with first hand experience and get an idea of what I might be missing. 

@mr_m 

I am sure the new signature II sound much better than the 2ci speakers, but I had the original 2ce signatures, a totally different animal.  The metal dome tweeter was very offensive to my ears.  Also, I found the Vandersteen sound a little too polite for me.

By the way, I don't know if there's a standard definition for term "polite" but my definition is a balanced sound without any particular range of frequencies jumping out or be more forward/present than any other range. Or maybe a little darker than some speakers where the top end just sparkles a bit more than others. I've always found the top end sparkle or fuzz real exciting during dealer demos but find it fatiguing at home. Anyway, it would be nice to have an audiophile Glossary of Terms so everyone can speak the same language.