New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
@moonglum i will add my 50 cents

Panasonic/Technics then decided to RUIN the whole thing by putting a “crappy” rubber mat on it as their standard, deeply researched, recommendation?

If things really are as bad as you describe you need to have a word with the manufacturer as a matter of urgency! ;^)

I think he’s right. When i replaced rubber mat on my Technics Sp10mk2 with Micro Seiki CU-500 is was a huge upgrade, seriously. I have not tried the CU-180 which i have as a spare (if anyone need it), unfirtunately it does not fit into my Luxman PD-444 platter as good as on Technics. The CU-500 is thicker, but both the CU-180 and CU-500 fits the Technics SP-10mk2 (and mk3) platter like it was made especially for Technics. I can’t use rubber mats anymore. On LUX i use Saec SS-300 mat. 

Here is a picture of my spare CU-180 https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19748589_1777769435574549_8730619823982480662_n.jpg?oh...

And this is CU-500 on my SP-10mk2 https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12923282_1223524284332403_4878242080706096266_n.jpg?oh...
moonglum:

the tone of your post seems adversarial, but I could be wrong. I will try to address yours questions/points succinctly.

Audiofun, for the record, let me get this straight. You are asserting that your 1200GAE “is FAR BEYOND anything VPI have ever produced” except the one you haven’t heard? No. I clearly wrote "It is far beyond anything I've heard from VPI although I've not heard the VPI DD".

Isn’t that a tad disrespectful? As your quote is misrepresentative (innacurate) of what I had actually posted I view this question as non relevant to my post.

If things really are as bad as you describe you need to have a word with the manufacturer as a matter of urgency! ;^)
I needn't have a word with Matsushita. Urgency on what scale? People starving, or needing housing? It's a $4k record player. It's a toy I use it to enjoy my evenings and relax after work. It is not urgent to me. I remedied the situation by tuning it to my ears as most people do with their  gear no matter the cost. If I were to follow your line of reasoning, by now I would have contacted nearly every manufacturer of audio equipment  I've owned throughout the years to  chide them over the crappy power cords they send with their respective products. As it stands, most manufacturers will inform you that they include a standard P.C. for the sake of convenience, knowing that if they installed a high-end P.C. it would drive up the cost and most people would still most likely choose their own flavor of P.C.

You can’t both be right?!?! ;^)

(Well, in reality, you can because it's an arbitrary choice)  
You answered your own question.

Chakster:

that mat looks gorgeous! I need to polish mine :) now that I've viewed your picture.
Audiofun,
You have no sense of humour ;^)
Sorry about the misquote.

I re-read my post and can see why you might think that but did insert some "winks" as this is the standard way of showing that the post is light-hearted.

Ok, you felt earlier that the 1200 beats your buddy's 20k+ T/T with triplanar and expensive cart (hope I got that right as I'm using the power of recall) whereas IMO, not having heard yours, I don't think the standard 1200GAE will convincingly beat a VPI Prime (or even beat it at all) hence my humorous reaction. We all have our respective opinions and I'm not a VPI user.

I would encourage the OP to listen to as many as possible to form his own opinion even if someone turns up enthusing " I own both Prime & 1200 and feel turntable X just edges it".

Enjoy the music and have a nice day! ;)
On the contrary :) I have a very good sense of humor, at least my mom thinks I do :) my girl friend, not so much all the time, especially when I try to justify why buying another piece of expensive gear is a smart financial move :) 

I take you at your word, no harm no foul. I really just wanted to make sure my words were quoted correctly. 

You mention ion you have a 1200, it it a SL 1200 mk X or one of the newer generation SL 1200's (GAE, G or GR). Their is a world of difference between the prior generation of SL 1200's and the new twin rotor core-less design (the GR is a single rotor core-less design)

i do realize there is not right answer regarding your choice as it is just that, your choice and preference.

Listening to Stevie R. Vaughn on 200g/45 on the GAE as I type this, good times!