What are the more subtle sounding tube preamps?

I mean "subtle" as in relatively less tube saturation or color than your average tube-pre. Common sense tells me less tubes as in a single dual-triode, but in reality that may not be the case. I currently have my eye on a CJ Classic. Not sure if that will fit the bill.  Any suggestions welcome.
robertsong
I love my Odyssey Candella tube pre.  It is also a hybrid which reacts very well to tube rolling.  Great performance for the money.  The only downfall is no phono stage. 
CJ Classic is definitely on the warmer and darker end of the spectrum. If you want rich and organic but not dark try Audio Note.
+1 for the Odyssey Candela, more preamp for less money may not exist. Tube rolling will set it up for just the sound that works for you.  You'll have to spend 5x the price to beat it.  Pair it with an SS amp and you get tube smooth with great control and definition.   I'm loving it with cryo'd Mullards and a Khartago Extreme. 
what a deal!
Support from Odyssey is first class... 
I have to disagree that the Classic 2 is dark.....its well balanced and very lifelike and dynamic in my system....  its anything but dark. 

The only downside is that it has no remote, in terms of sound quality it is a sleeper and should be auditioned.  Im willing to bet that most people talking about it on forums have never heard it and are slamming it becausd it lacks features that you come to expect.   

I listened to my pre in what looked to me like a $50k system and that was all i needed......it sounded great in a system where the associated components were many times its price.