Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
ipretiring,

Now I agree with what Charles has said.

I considered the dynamo MK2 version myself and I know without question that coincident offers a very good build quality but I did'nt get one and decided to try a Zotl40 from LTA.I'm already using their preamp the MZ2S and might have better system synergy.

I have owned and heard several different brands of a Sep el-34 tube amp and really didn't like any of them including a Dennis Had model.
I much prefer the El-34 tube in a push pull topology,I found the Sep to be lean in the mids and lack extension on both ends.

The dynamo might be better in these attributes,I don't know for sure I have never heard one.I'm not big fan of chrome on my electronics either much prefer good ole Henry Ford black.

One thing I do know for sure is that no Sep amp is ever going to have the magic that a true DHT set amp has but the dynamo might get very close and for 1500.00 you probably can't go wrong either way.

If you do get one let us know how you like it.

Best of luck to you,
Kenny.
There is a review on line of the Mark II unit that I read 1-2 mo ago.  Seems that vs. the original, it is may lean a bit more in the solid state direction.  It sounds like a very nice amp for the money.  Just not sure if it offers the qualities of an SET amp as Kenny noted above.  Encourage you to check out that review.
Hi Charles,

From following along with this thread I am considering the Triode Labs as has been referenced by you and along with other posters who I also respect. However, at this stage of my life I find it difficult to spend too freely. Quite the contrary to when I was younger.
With the Triode Labs I'm unsure if I would even go with the upgraded transformer. The Frankensteins I recognize as a very top tier product, but 6K for new I would have to say no. How about we talk about your pair used?
But seriously, I believe I will get a SET amp and to be candid I did not even realize that the Dynamo was a SEP. I will need to learn of other performance/value options before I can make this move.
Part of the magnetism of this hobby appears to me to also be in the pursuit.
BTW, thank you for all the excellent insight you provide to this and other informative threads on this forum.

LP

Hello Ipretiring,

Thank you for your kind comments. I understand your dilemma, budget, value and high sound quality being the variables. I’m a big believer/advocate for opting for good output transformers (OPT) as they’re so vital a factor toward high level sound quality.

If you don’t want to get an upgrade OPT I suspect the base OPT in the Triode Labs is a very decent part. I can’t imagine they use an inferior one given its importance. You have chosen excellent speakers so I’d urge you to get the best amplifier you can "comfortably" afford. In the long run this always works out best IMHO.

I place such value
on OPT and power supplies that I’d wait and save more money if needed to get the better quality choices, obviously we’re all different in our approaches. Good luck to you.

Charles

As an owner of the Coincident Dynamo l'd like to echo charles1dad thoughts above. Right now I am listening to Aaron Copeland's "Music for Theatre in five parts for small orchestra" CD 42 in the wonderful 80 CD set of Leonard Bernstein works recommended above. Fabulous recording.

The Coincident Dynamo, with Gold Lion KT77s, RCA Red base 5691 (6SL7) and 5U4G sounds stunningly good with my DeVore Orangutan 0/96. The Coincident Dynamo also sounds quite good with my Tekton Lores and Mini-Lore; but, as Charles stated, the DHT, properly executed 300B will give you much more. If you can afford the Triode Labs or Coincident 300B amps is a great way to go. Best, mikirob