WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU? ISOLATION PLATFORMS, FOOTERS, ETC. for a DAC?

What is reasonable to expect in SQ gain with respect to a DAC, since there are no actively moving parts?

Footers only? Platforms only? Or is a combination of both best?

Keeping this open ended (as well as budget wise) to see what Audiogon Members recommend and advise.

However, thoughts on Gains v.s. Spend with the specific products you are recommending are welcome and will be very helpful.

The only footers I have used in the past are those from Herbie's Audio Lab.  I have used two different 'audio' racks (which have been dismantled) and I am using their shelves as isolation platforms for my speakers and other components (but not the DACs).

The DACs in use are a Schiit Yggdrasil and an Exogal Comet Plus. The stock rubber footers with the Yggdrasil are as basic as they come; The Comet has an acrylic plate with rounded metal screws.

THANK YOU!
david_ten
The Vibraplane, although expensive, does an amazing job. It's been around for some 25 years now and if I'm not mistaken was what got this whole audio isolation thing started. The Vibraplane from what I've been told is used to isolate electron microscopes and I've heard they have been used in navy sub to isolate sensitive eauipment.
Another vibration isolation tweak for the financially strapped audiophile - a set of three or four Super Ball and Snaple bottle cap assemblies. The Super Balls are the 1" high bouncing colored balls found in bubble gum machines. But not the larger balls.

theaudiotweak
When considering any footer or point of any material in the vibrational signal path ask yourself..

Self...Does the shape geometry I am looking at provide a path for the intended dissipated energy to escape and not return or reflect back into the footer or tip?

Tom ....Star Sound Technologies

uh, Tom, are there ANY audio cones that AREN’T shaped like a cone with a tip pointed toward the bottom? The sky is blue. OH, wait! A spring is symmetrical. OMG! A Herbies footer is not pointed! Oh, no! Super Balls are not pointed! What?!
For a little better version of a roller bearing design than the Symposium (fine as it is), check out those of Ingress Engineering in Canada. Machined to Barry Diament’s specs. Cheaper too.
 I use the Alto Extremo"s, Lyd 1,s , Extremos, extensively thru out my system,

Dac
Pre amp
Amp
Speakers
Speakers stands 

with great results in soundstage, imaging, space and air. Honestly I haven't tried the StillPoints" a little too pricey for me .