2017 Honest Cabling that doesn’t promote bankruptcy

Looking for experiences and recs for current mid to upper mid level cabling solutions

I’m talking about ICs and Speaker cables that do not require plans for high jacking an armored car with a couple gallons of chloroform and a helicopter with a really big magnet?

Neither is it a matter of seeking out an ‘all system’ same brand and model loom, though it could be.

In Your opinion and or experience which signal cables (or mix of) have proven themselves recently to enable a revealing system to maintain or demonstrate its integrity, truth and musicality on its best level?

Or, in other words, With which current line of wires or ‘cables’ would you feel very confident using to connect your upscale stereo outfit in 2017?

New, or pre-owned?

… and why, please?
Thanks so very much. j
blindjim
As usual everyone has different ideas, My point is that speaker jumpers make a big difference. I tried many and ended with solid silver. They were lost in moving and couldn't find the same ones so I ordered some from EBAY. Were not that good so I found a custom one from HK using VDH which I use for my ICs? Much better. As usual all ears differ. Just start with some solid copper ones by striping some electra cable. Good luck.
There are tons are very good cables under the 1K mark.  I have not found 4 figure cables that I could live with long term - my components are probably not worthy.  

Some great suggestions in the thread - for me, I prefer to switch cables in and out on occasion depending on my mood and also because I dig cables (and have a cable fascination - hate the word addiction!)  I have come to the conclusion that I would rather have a nice inventory of cables to play with rather than one or two really expensive ones.  However, your bank account may vary. 

@erik_squires said:  "I like to make my own with Connex pure silver cables and Eichman bullets."

Could you provide a source for the Connex silver wire (looks like Parts Connexion?) -- and your recipe?  I'd like to give these a try as I'm looking to experiment with silver.  Thanks!
I've tried almost every usual suspect in last 40+ years .
The best tone and timber and harmonics I have found comes from AudioArt IC-3S and SC-5S  with Shadow connectors .
With acoustic music if tone , timbre and harmonics are not right nothing else matters .
They image and soundstage well too , but I've never been in a concert hall that images so not a big deal with me .