Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
After 14 years with my Duntech Crown Prince and having listened to approx. 100 "top of the line" speakers all over the world, I finally decided to get my old mates refurbished. Having replaced all drivers and they parts of the crossover that are suject to aging, my search is over.
Probably Sound Ultimates or the big Maggies would be ideal. If you can jump high enough you grab hold of the top frames of the speakers and "hang on" from now 'til doomsday, kinda like with monkey bars. However, if we're talking abouth speakers we would want to "hang onto" for the rest of our lives because of the musical satisfaction they provide, well that's whole 'nuther gym set.
Quad ESL-57s, without a doubt. After all, many people have already owned them "for life". Now that I've experienced them, I despair for all the time I've wasted. You mean I could have been listening to THIS for the last twenty years? Why didn't anybody say anything? Why didn't I listen to those who did?
Apogee Divas were/are in the Smithsonian. They were placed there to give voice to Mozart's piano, playing Mozart. Should have been the Scintilla, IMHO.