Fm tuner

I am looking to upgrade my fm tuner. I now have an old Rega Radio.

i listen mainly to classical,wfmt in Chicago and listen to that station as much as I do my vinyl and cds.

as I live close to Chicago receiving weak stations is not an issue.

i have recently upgraded to a Rogue Sphinx v2,kef LS50s and a rega p6.

im not really up on the latest technology so I think an fm tuner is all I really need.

any suggestions or thoughts will be appreciated.

allan
wino55
I tried several tuners fated i the top 20 on fmtunerinfo.com. they have not tested everything, but their evaluations are spot on. I sold my beautiful Kenwood 917 because the old IC driven B&K TS108 really does sloun just a bit better. I do liss the beautiful Kemwood. The Sansui 717, 707 and up are also really good sounding, but their mechanical parts are not as reliable, i.e. broken strings, staying adjusted properly. Mac and Sequerra are terribly overrated, but sweet sounding, not accurate. With the B&K, it helps to have a second tuner in the system forrplaying around. It is not fun. Just set the stations on the presets and enjoy.
Finally pulled the trigger and bought a MR 7082 from Ernie @ Audio Classics.  I think I need a better antenna though as the signal strength is only 3/5 bars. 
You can't go wrong with a used Magnum Dynalab Tuner - very musical - I used mine with all tube equipment and it sounds great.  You can find them reasonably priced. Any of the models would be fine - right now I have an FT 101A but I used to have the model down from that and it was also great. 
I also listen to a lot of FM Classical here in Western Mass (WFCR).  I can solidly recommend these two FM tuners.  I own them now, and have owned others through the year.

*  Fisher FM90B - a late, basic model Fisher tube tuner with sound that puts most solid state to shame.  Fisher was renowned for their tuners, and the renown was well earned.  This uni often appears with a walnut cabinet for under $200.  Stock, it should work; with $100 of new tubes, an alignment touch-up, and perhaps a few cap replacements, it will be as transparent and musical as anything you can buy.  Two features should also serve you well: the tuner has output volume controls so you can align volume with other signal sources, and it has two sets of antennae input jacks, one of which atennuates the signal to prevent overloading for city listening.

* Carver TX-11 or TX-11b - This carver tuner sounds virtually identical to the Fisher (I've AB'd them) and superior to any other transistorized tuner I've placed it against (about a half dozen of them).  It has sophisticated multipath elimination and noise-reduction circuitry that can be useful in a big city environment.  It can generally be purchased used, often in very good condition for $150 or less.

Why pay more.  These two tuners come from an era when FM was much more central to hi-fi listening, and accordingly the tuners are better performing and more sophisticated than those made today.
I recommend any Mac tube tuner first, followed by the Accuphases, Sansui  9900 and then the Mitsubishi DA-F20, which is a great tuner for the likely price you will pay, if you find a mint one. I have the MR 67,, which I bought from Audio Classics, but all the tubed Macs will cost you more than $1k in mint condition, as will the better Accuphases. I own all the above and the Mitsubishi is no slouch in that exalted company. Good luck!