Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I'd be interested who still has their speakers they've claimed to be worthy of a lifetime. And if they've moved on, to what and why? This thread has been around a long time. I'd be surprised if 1/3 of the contributors still have the same speakers.

I've still got a pair of N805s. I sold my other pair to fund other hardware purchases.
KEF 104.2's. My all time favorite, reasonably priced speakers were the KEF 104.2's. Another great sounding speaker for the money were the Klipsch Fortes. Those are some jamming rock speakers.

Scott
As I mentioned above, I've changed from Coincident Total Victories to Fab Audio Model 1, now supplemented by a pair of ACI Titan subs. I discovered that there were better speakers out there, but I just hadn't heard them yet. The Fabs are faster, more neutral and efficient, and have better resolution and microdynamics than the Coincidents. I have no doubt that there is an even better speaker for my purposes and tastes out there somewhere waiting to be discovered.

I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking, "Ah, these XXX are the best there is!" when what they really mean is "These XXX are the best I've heard so far."