Denafrips Terminator R2R Multibit, ultimate pcm redbook converter??

Maybe the ultimate PCM (RedBook) converter? Sure looks the goods.
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/denafrips-terminator-the-king-of-r2r-dac.851085/

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Tim,

The 1704 is impossible to find anymore TI discontinued it years ago.  There are many fakes around but have been able to find a few genuine in the UK.  Use extreme caution if sourcing BB1704.

Best of Luck

Peter
Hi Peter,   thanks for the Advice, I saw a pair of them about 6 or 8 months ago.... What about any of the other R2R DAC chips  that I listed,  are you familiar with any of those.  Have you played with Manufacturing a DAC?  Just curious to get your thoughts. 

The 1704. There are many fakes around but have been able to find a few genuine in the UK. Use extreme caution if sourcing BB1704.
I think this could be a bit of a rumour, as there is nothing cheaper that would work with the same pinout as it, that it can sub’ed for.

Cheers George
For those of you with the DIY knowledge and skills, I noticed a discrete R-2R DIY model on the Soekris site - model dam1021, priced at 179 Euros. I don't quite understand all the technical details but it seems like it is technically comparable to their ~$800+ product that I have pre-ordered. Sounds like a great deal for someone with the right skills.... 
@kalali   Thanks,  this DIY Soekris came out in 2015... this is the problem piece that all the fuss is about.  It may be good,  but I think I'd rather steer away.