Isolation footers for amps

I'm looking for advice/recommendations for isolation footers for my amp -- an Audio Research D300 (solid state). Currently I have it mounted on a free-standing 4" thick maple block, with spiked-tipped brass footers anchoring the base to the carpet on top of a basement (cement) floor. Would I obtain any additional sonic benefits by placing after-market isolation devices between the amp and the maple stand? I should add here that I'm not looking to spend a great deal of money on this... something more in the range of $100-200. Options in roughly that range I've found on line include Audio Prism Isobearings, Herbie's Tender Footers, and Mapleshape's brass footers. My (perhaps imperfect) understanding is that the first two are meant to isolate a component from vibrations in the room (including those from other components), while the third is supposed to help 'drain" vibrations from the component in question itself, thereby minimizing their transference to the audio chain..

I'd welcome advice from fellow Audiogoners more experienced than I on the extent to which these devices confer audible sonic improvements and, if so, which ones they'd recommend. Thanks

Michael
mross1949
I'm looking for advice/recommendations for isolation footers for my amp -- an Audio Research D300 (solid state)

Oh well somebody has to say it: Don't Bother.  Isolation from vibration is absolutely critical for turntables.  Less so but still worthwhile IMHO for other spinners - DC players, Hard Discs.  Also a good idea for any electronics that have tubes.  But how this can affect solid state equipment is beyond me.   
@andrei_nz    Vibration/resonances are the enemy of ALL audio equipment.  Doesn't matter whether tube or solid state.  Don't know if you've ever tried to treat for vibration but if not, why not give it a shot?  Herbie's Audio Lab has a 90 day full refund policy, so nothing ventured nothing gained.  Perhaps try a set of regular tenderfeet and a set of "stiff" tenderfeet and assess the sonic results?
Vibrapods are inexpensive, many other isolation products are not and I think the pods do the same damn thing as the expensive stuff…had to note that…and one use that actually works is to place them under my speakers (mains, not subs) as I have wood floors and the pods are excellent for keeping the vibes out of the floor. Note also that there are more and more powered speakers systems…are those amps decoupled? They’re in the speaker box so that would be a resounding No. And they can sound fabulous. Concert "phased array" speaker systems contain super powerful Class D amps…seem to work fine. I use 2 amazing sounding REL subs which also force the amp to suffer…*sniff*…it's a cruel world for internal amplification. My "combo" tube guitar and bass amps? HA…another bass amp sitting on top of a 500 watt 15" speaker? Again…well…you get it. Vibration seems to be everywhere, and leave it to audio geeks to be afraid of it…very afraid…or some are simply smart enough to market bits of metal and goo of some sort as "feet for the fearful."
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention my new Super Stiff Springs are on the high end of the performance scale but on the low end of the price scale, coming in at a mere $12 per spring. Each 2" cryo’d spring can handle around 40 lb. Super Stiff Springs are just the ticket for heavy amps, heavy turntables, and subwoofers. Our Cryo Baby Prometheans can handle almost all other isolation projects, they are rated at 10 lb each. Now you can isolate everything for a song.

andrei_nz,

Vibration begins as soon as you switch on the electronic component. Alternating Current provides the startup of energy movement known as electromechanical vibration. Then the transformers and capacitors begin to function (physical movement) forming mechanical vibration and finally the loudspeakers fire forming heavier amplitudes of energy known as acoustic or airborne. All this vibration builds on all surfaces forming resonance.

Resonance propagates everywhere throughout the system and musical environment. From the smallest of parts such as transistors, circuit boards, resistors, etc. on up to cables, electronic and loudspeaker chassis, racking, walls, floors and ceilings vibrate as well. A lot of listeners do the touch test to feel if their chassis are vibrating in attempts to see if they are eliminating or killing vibration. No need for that test as one can never stop or truly isolate vibration from occurring in hi-fi components or musical environments.

That being said, you are now left with attempting to manage the negative effects of resonant energy formed from vibration.

Two of the most popular methods are direct coupling (mechanical grounding) or decoupling (isolation).

Sorry I did not mean to go there as Pandora can easily take control of this thread…  ⌣

Hope this information helps your understanding how solid state equipment is affected by resonance. It begins on the inside of the chassis.

Robert - Star Sound