Lifters ForGetting Cables Off The Floor, Worth It Or Snake Oil

•  I'm looking at some porcelain cable lifters to get some power and speaker cable up off the floor.  Does raising the cables off the floor really make a difference? It's going to be about 200 bucks for 10 of them. Thanks.  
zar
I'm willing to try something if I can do it cheaply. $200 for cable elevators is a lot. Google ceramic insulators and you'll find loads of different sizes and shapes. Vintage ones look cool but are more expensive, but newer white ceramic insulators for electric fences are only a few dollars each. Here's an example:
https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/zareba-corner_post_ceramic_insulator_-_10_pk./0000000220275?utm_sou...
That said, I haven't tried elevating my cables yet. I'm interested to learn what you hear, if anything.
Any lifter on the floor is not going to yield sonic improvement or very little.
Suspension from the ceiling is another story. but like already posted to each his own.
So....I have 10' long cable going from my amp to my spkrs.  Back in the day, due to logistics, my rack was closer to my left spkr than my right resulting in the cable to the right not touching the floor while the left needed to be coiled, obviously lying on the floor.  I used to ponder this 'cable elevator' tweek wondering whether, due to my layout, should one spkr sound 'different' than the other since one cable was 'elevated' while the other wasn't.  So I switched my preamp to mono and actually sat down to listen to each speaker separately.  I'm sure it won't surprise anyone that this most un-scientific of experiments resulted in zip, zero, nada, bupkus!;)  Since than I've moved and have less space for the rig, so the spkrs are closer together resulting in both cables being coiled.