Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
My Dynaudio 1.3se's.
They are going in to the Bird's eye maple casket that I am purchasing.
I just got my dream speakers.A modified set of NEAR M50's.They have newly made Metal drivers with outboard XO's that allows me to upgrade the components without having to take the speakers apart.

The Wiring is 47Labs OTA Cryo'd.I also have a set of Modified M15's that are being reworkes and I need to get the XO's to the M50's finalized as far as what values might work best then get the Caps for the M15's which I shall use for my rear speakers in my HT system.

The last touch is to get a modified set of NEAR M10's which I shall be using as my CC speaker to round out the system.

These shall be the only speakers in the world.No others that I am aware of anyways.

This will be the last system I will ever own I think.Really is great to have a one of a kind type of speaker system.Now if I can get the right amps that I do not need to sell a house to drive them.
I can't agree with SteveAllen and some other posters that newer = better technology = more accurate reproduction.

Speaker technology has not changed that much since the 1920s. Manufacturing processes and materials may have, but even then it doesn't mean that a given manufacturer applies these new techniques.

My case may not be representative, but it may be instructive. I was heavily into audio in the early and mid- 1970s. Ended up with Tannoy Monitor Golds in big plywood boxes, Crown and SAE amplification and unremarkable turntable and cartridge.

Then spent many years moving around and travelling a lot and made do with nothing more than a clock radio. In the late 1990s, my finances started to improve and I decided to put together a decent system once again. Spent a lot of hours visiting various high end shops and found that the cost of good audio equipment had increased astronomically. Anyway, listened to a lot of $10-30K systems.

Eventually spent about $10K on 10 to 25 year old used equipment: Altecs from 1982 (604-8K), Tannoys from 1993 (System 15 DMT II), turntable from late 1970s (SP-10 MK II),
amplifiers from 1989 (Meitner PA-6i, MTR-101), etc.

Since then, I've heard a lot of systems in shops, at friends' houses, etc., but haven't heard anything remotely close to what I paid that, for me anyway, comes close to the musical enjoyment I get with my "old" technology. Plus I've converted several friends to high sensitivity coaxial horn-loaded speakers. Can you imagine dumping $25K Wilsons in favour of old coaxes that cost $2K including new cabinets?

It's a weird business. Main thing, though, is to enjoy the hobby and, especially, the music!
I've had the Acoustic Research AR Hi-Res center(AR2C) * mains(AR1) * surrounds(AR15-purchased from Malhance) for less than six months, but I can assure you that I have every intention on keeping this set for as long as they last. Man I love these speakers!
Mcne, like you, I'm a big fan of Dynaudio. Especially bird eyes maple, I ordered that for my Dynaudio Contour 1.8MKII too and absolutely loved it. I am into this hobby to locate for components that I can hold on and enjoy for a long time. Goal is to eventually get surround for HT with my Dyn (all bird eyes maple), higher on the list though is to save up for a Syrah preamp. Danes don't lie, I really like that motto. I know this is one investment that I do not regret eventhough it exceeded my initial budget by 100% :). I believe I will do well on the Syrah preamp. Haven't have much luck with the amplifier (started with the Denon 3802..... and now the stock SLA-1 .. yikes!!). So the amp and CD player are my continual search. This is just my story, all the best.