Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I have a big room and listen to many types of music loud or soft. I have the Dunlavy 5's for quite a long time. For my taste I have not heard better.
I have had Vandersteen 2 c's since '86 and feel no need to upgrade. Very reliable and revealing of associated components.
I have owned 3 speaker systems over the past 15 years including my present system. The reason? I couldn't get any to work right in my previous room. I have since moved things around and have been living with the Merlin VSM-M for about 1 year now. Along with major component upgrades to bring out their best, I now feel that the system is optimal minus the tweeking that never ends. I expect that 10 years from now I will still own these speakers, they just make me enjoy recorded music beyond anything I could imagine prior to purchasing them. I also like long marriages. Changing gear is a chore and expensive, would much rather listen to music and tell the world how much I love the music these speakers make :*)
Martin Logan Sequels.

Bought them new in the mid 80's - Love them and ML really has teriffic customer service. Panels got replaced under warrantee a year or so after I got them and have been wonderful ever since. Sure, I'd like to upgrade to one of ML's bigger speakers, but the Sequels fit into my system nicely, are working great and are big enough for any room in my house. There are LOTS of other great speakers out there.... just can't end the love affair I'm having with the Sequels.