Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
Thank you folks. You have made me so happy. I now know I'm not a weirdo for not switching speakers every 6 months.
(That's the feeling you get if you read Audiogon a lot.)
It's no coincidence that most of the speakers you hang onto
are made by mfrs who are still churning out good products today (B&W, ProAc, Dunlavy...). Let's hear more please.
Vandersteen 2cs. Bought in 1987 and used in the main system until last year. They now anchor the home theater set-up. The main speakers were replaced with Vandersteen 3As. I would upgrade the 3As before I got rid of the 2Cs.
I bought the A1 Soundlabs in 1989. If I had to replace my (same size) U-1 Soundlabs today, it would be with an identical pair. It is the only component in my system that I never consider changing.
I've had several different Vandersteen speakers for 15 years. I've owned their 3A Signatures for about a year, upgraded from the 3A's, and could easily hang onto them for life. However, I will eventually own the model 5's before I quite due to their fabulous performance, small size, and my undying love (or disease) of being an Audiophile . If you've heard them set up correctly, you know what I mean.
I have the original B&W CDM-1 in my den/home office system. This is the model that won all the audio awards in the mid 1990s, not the later versions. I think they are much mcuh better than the CDM-1SE and still better than the CDM-1NT (I have demo's these). The first order crossover is the main reason. The crossover they switched to on the later versions is fine for HT, but overemphasizes the midrange for audio. The new crossover is much easier to mass-produce, so it was probably a business decision. While I plan to upgrade my main system speakers someday, probably not these. They are powered by the Mike Creek designed Cambridge Audio A3i integrated amp; another keeper. Much better than anything Cambridge has made since. My Stan Warren modified DVD player is going in there when I move. Makes it the complete small "keeper" system.