Blue sound Node 2 vs Lumin D1

I am looking for a streamer with a built in DAC.  I have backed off my original plan to purchase the Aurender A10 and am looking for a less expensive option.  The Bluesound and Lumin players do essentially the same thing  BTW, my immediate interest is streaming Tidal, so MQA is a possible plus for both players.  The obvious difference between $500 for the Node 2 and $2000 for the Lumin distinguishes the two players.  Does that price difference translate to a significant difference in performance/sound quality? Both are within my budget but I would rather not spend the additional $1500 unless the improvement is fairly dramatic.  I would really like to hear from anyone who has had both players in their system and have had an opportunity to compare them.
randyhat
Earthtones- Hey just enjoy the Node 2 as it sounds now. Most analog fans would be astounding if digital sounded as good as their higher priced turntable, cartridge and tonearm. Like you said, for $500 (I have the Node 2 as well) and high quality hirez downloads ...this is just great musical experiences to be enjoyed today.

The node 2 is one product that proves hifi does not have inflict financial pain to achieve a very good result. I use the digital output into my Mcintosh C50 processor and am beyond pleased. Reliable, convenient as all heck for streaming Tidal and cheap. What more could you ask?They have really updated the app and it is much more usable. It would be interesting to hear a comparison between it and a much more expensive piece. Has anyone done this?
Thanks, 996cupracer.  What more could I ask?  Maybe an RCA S/PDIF input for the Node's DAC.  But otherwise, it does look like a deal.  What did Bluesound do to the app that makes you like it so much more than before?
If I recall, Bluesound and NAD are close partners. I would not be surprised if NAD had their hand in designing the BS Dac. I am getting a Node 2 soon. I would guess the Dac is on par with peachtree Audio level of components
@randyhat - I also have the Node 2 and I have "treated" it to some excellent Power and Interconnect cables - for that I have been rewarded with some stellar improvements in fidelity.

I have found over the years that using excellent power cables with components like the Node 2 pays dividends. 

e.g. My Bifrost DAC and Dacmagic both got the same treatment and also upped their game significantly.

In my case, I have spent more on cables than the component itself, but components such as these are actually excellent performers, it's just that they are are designed to a price point - which generally means the power supply is not as good as it should be for the internal circuitry.

Attaching a good power cables allows the internal circuits to perform to the best of their ability, which elevates the performance level, so attaching a good IC allows that performance to be transferred to the amp.

I am simply stating what I have observed with the components identified, so perhaps fellow members, we could refrain from turning this thread into a debate on the effectiveness (or not) of cables - please.

Regards...