Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Hi grannyring,

I'm glad you shared your recollection of the speaker in your past using a tweeter array that you totally enjoyed.  It gives me the opportunity to clarify the misconception that the seven tweeters in the DI's are a type of line array in Eric's design.

Even though these are tweeter transducers the six of them that form the circle, based on what frequencies they handle, radiate acoustically as if they were one six inch mid-range driver.  The transducer in the middle is being used as a tweeter and handles the high end frequencies up to 30Khz.  So, acoustically you have a six inch mid-range driver with a coaxial mounted tweeter which means it functions as a single point source.  Now, by Eric figuring out how to make this work you get all the advantages of a coaxial driver, however the mid-range array weights close to nothing leading to blazing speed/dynamics/micro-details compared to a regular six inch driver, regardless of what materials it is made out of it cannot be as light in weight.  Yet, you still get not only remarkable transit response, but great control because each driver is small and well behaved.  The closet you could come to this regarding weight/control would be a ribbon or AMT which cannot be used coaxial design as a single point source.  Brilliant on his part!

The more I listen to the DI's regarding mid-range and high frequencies they easily rival any panel design/ribbon/AMT I have had in my system and surpass them in low end extension/dynamics and overall macro-dynamics.

Mac,

Looks like you have some very good tubes coming your way should be a very good combo.I'm anxiously awaiting my MZ2,I already have plenty of excellent tubes to roll.

The MZ2 must have one heck of a glorious single watt.

Enjoy the music,

Kenny.
Teajay,

Thank You for the very well explained magic of the DI's midrange and high frequencies,You nailed it perfectly.

They easily rival any speaker I have ever owned or heard with all the qualities you listed,I'm just simply amazed every time I listen too them.

Kenny.
Understood and just having fun. I hope to someday hear these as I own a highly modified, and improved, set of AZ Crescendo speakers that I love.....but always open minded.

On paper his design sure looks promising and innovative! 
I will also add that his innovation has and will continue to  impact the direction of many current and future speaker builders. Innovation is a wonderful thing for us all!