Subwoofer for classical music listener

This is my second post on the subject of subwoofers.
My first post wasn't specific enough.
I listen to classical music 90% of the time.
Are there any classical music listeners out there who have subwoofers?
if there are, could you let me know what you have?
i don't imagine I would need quite as powerful or expensive a sub as those who mainly listen to other types of music, but I may be wrong.

128x128rvpiano
RV, I have no first-hand knowledge of the sonics of SVS subs (or subs from any of the other manufacturers that have been mentioned, as I don't use a sub in my system).  But FWIW the comments I can recall seeing here and elsewhere about the SVS subs have been very favorable.

Regards,
-- Al

Al,

I'm using a Rogue Pharaoh integrated class D amplifier with a Vandersteen 2Wq sub. After reading this thread, I tried a little testing. When I turn the balance control all the way to the left while playing music, the sub sounds pretty much normal. But when I turn balance all the way to the right, the subs output seems somewhat attenuated. When balance is in the mid setting, all seems normal. Bass sounds good and well integrated (seamless) with the main speakers. Using one sub, the left and right signal is summed at the sub. Everything to my ears sounds normal and good, but I can't help but wonder if I'm not getting quite as much mix of the right signal along with the left. I have had this sub in my system for over a month and a half with everything turned on most of the time and have noticed no ill effects to the powered sub or my Rogue. Any thoughts?  Thanks!   
Tim
I added an 18" Velodyne to our system (we too listen to 90% classical) and set it to a relative low level. Even though it is off to the side, the deep bass still appears to come from the center between our main full-range speakers. Bought it on Audiogon for $1250 and drove two hours to meet the seller half-way. It has proven to be a great investment.
I listen to Classical 100% on my main system and love my HSU sub. It's powered and meshes very well with my AudioPhysics Tempos. I think it was about $500.
Al:  I notice the SVS-SB 2000 is only $200 more.  My room is about 575sq ft.
the 1000 is recommended for small to medium sized rooms.  The 2000 is ported.
Is the 2000 a match for my amp as well as the 1000?
Sorry to keep bothering you!