Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
grannyring
Is the S500 made by Red Dragon?
It maybe assembled by them, but it sure looks like the modules come from here. As do the Rowland Continum S2 
https://forum.audiogon.com/posts/1428517

Cheers George

http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/analog-reviews/amplifier-reviews/nuprime-st-10-power-amp/

The nuprime should be considered more seriously, is not just one of the best class d, but one of the best under 10.000 usd maybe, here is compared with some big guys like ayre, mola mola, primaluna, Bryston in very high end systems, hope this helps someone like it helps me to make a decision

Cheers 
Although one should always be skeptical of audio reviews due to quid pro quo, this statement is quite the endorsement. I know that NuPrime has specifically tried to mimic the sound of linear amps (if you read their marketing copy) so their engineers may be doing something right. 

I’ve heard many class D amps, but have liked very few. While bass control and neutrality are often a piece of cake for these amps, they are usually let down by thinness, harmonic deficiences and an unnatural timbre. The NuPrime ST-10 is the first class D design that sounds timbrally wholly convincing to me. Piano really sounds like piano, not like synthesizer and vocals are just as direct-coupled as they are in real life. Add in bass heft and thundering dynamics like I have not yet heard from other class D designs. Only the Mola-Mola Kalugas ultimately provide more refinement and transparency but these are placed at the complete opposite price spectrum.