Recommended Speaker List for Atma-Sphere OTL Amplifiers.

OK, I am not sure how many times this has been disscused but the information is found all over the forum. I would possible love to compile a list here.

I personally own the Classic Audio Loudspeakers T1.5

I am now looking to build a second room with the M60 Mono Blocks and MP-3 Pre-amp.

Would love fellow audiogon memebers posting any feedback with speakers they have used with these Amazing OTL sounding Amplifiers.
dragon_vibe

I've been designing speakers with Ralph's smaller amps (S-30 and M-60) very much in mind for years, but my speakers tend to be bigger than average (though usually not "T-1.5 big").  I do horn speakers that hopefully don't sound like horns, well at least not in the negative ways that the word "horn" can bring to mind.   

In a fairly compact speaker, you might consider High Emotion Audio and Omega Loudspeakers. 

At what they do well the Quad 57s are just magnificent.  If you decide to do a stacked pair, contact me for a tweak suggestion.

Best of luck in your quest,

Duke

dealer/manufacturer

Duke,

I did consider your speakers. Ralph always speaks highly about you. The issue with me was I was looking for something more exotic. I am still searching and planning to fly into the USA to have a a listen to a few speakers and may visit you if you dont mind.

I have had a number of people listen to my Jazz Modules. One in particular who is pretty well known in the audio world mentioned that they sounded better than the German and other exotic horns he has heard. If you do visit Duke and hear his speakers I'm pretty sure you'll drop that exotic requirement. I only sold my Jazz Modules because my bi-amped ESL 57 set up with multiple woofers in a "swarm" array (ala Duke) gave me the benefit of what the ESL 57 does best without the bass limitations and resonance issues of those speakers.

Thank you very much, Clio09. I don’t mind my Jazz Modules being replaced by Quad 57s + swarm! Very nice combination.

Dragon, thank you for having considered my speakers.

Cosmetically they certainly are not exotic, nor do they use any particularly exotic technology in the drivers, aside from optional Beryllium diaphragms for the compression drivers. I now have access to a master woodworker who has built T-7s for John Wolff, so I can offer excellent cabinetry on a custom basis, but he is not cheap.

Speaking of which, have you considered the T-7? Field coil motor, wizzerless fullrange cone, beautiful tonal qualities, and magnificent cabinetry.

I don’t know whether this would be "exotic", perhaps merely "unorthodox", but some of my models deliberately approximate the acoustic effects of being in a significantly larger room, which imo has psychoacoustic benefits.

If you are serious about hearing what I do, I would like to put you in touch with a colleague of mine who a) has more of my designs on hand than I do; b) has a much better audition set-up than I do; and c) has contributed ideas which have significantly improved my designs.  I spoke with him just a few minutes ago and he'd enjoy it very much.   

Duke