Can I Live With A Hardwood Floor?

Hi All,
I could certainly use some advice on this matter. I have Quad 2905 ESL's in my attic and my attic has hardwood floors. I recently moved into this residence never having experienced hardwood floors previously. My speakers are on cones and isolated with Herbie's titanium gliders. I've been able to position the speakers so that they are given enough room to operate effectively but those hardwood floors are brutal at times. My thought leads me to the only obvious solution, 12 feet by 12 feet carpeting. Are there more cost effective ways of approaching this?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks as always!
goofyfoot
f. schubert, yes the gliders make for a vast improvement but it can't stop there. I'm in desperate need of an additional  line conditioner not to mention a proper rug, some acoustic foam along the walls and several more Akiko tweaks. It seems like once I add a tweak, then something else needs to be addressed. 
As for line conditioners, Akiko makes one called a Corelli which I would choose first however I've yet to see one on the used market so possibly a used Richard Gray until I'm more gainfully employed. The Corellio with power cord runs about 2,000.00 euro.
Just my thoughts.... For Echo slap an easy way to treat is corners at celings. I used to use room tunes triangles , but I’m now looking for larger coverage.

i used to have quad 63’s and had them on hardwood floors with no issues.

Now I’m using Tad cr-1’s on hard wood floors over concrete. I don’t use the supplied spikes on the TAD stands.

I do use real traps along rear wall and first reflection point in a 28x30 room with 15’ ceilings.

I recently tried large 3" latex foam from a queen mattress (each one is half the width of mattress ) on floor in front of speaker.

i was expecting a benefit but didn’t really hear one. Perhaps it’s the controlled dispersion of the TAD’s.
Thanks emailists, I like the midrange on those Quad 63's but I'm not familiar with the TAD's. I don't have corners to worry about because the room is so long. I do have attic slanted ceilings and the sides of my 2905's run into those slants about 5 five feet back. I'm thinking foam along the slanted ceiling in proximity to the sides of the 2905's, if that makes sense. Unfortunately, a good line conditioner is essential but I'm looking for one second hand.
Hi goofey.  I think the tri corners where the walls meet ceiling will definitively help if you clap and hear echo slap.  I sent you a PM.  
I have lived with hard wood flooring for 28 years with horns, ribbons, electrostatics, including the original Quads, big dynamic drivers in the BMC Arcadia speakers, and monitor speakers. Everything up front is on Star Sound Audio Points or their Rhythm platforms and racks. I am on a persian rug that runs from about a foot in front of the speakers to about a foot behind me and about four or five feet to my left and right. Finally, I have a set of Zilplex resonators in the room. The latter are the eight room treatments that I've tried.

One thing that I have definitely learned is that no cables should have contact with the floor and that a ceramic isolator is the necessary standoff.

Another is that I could get no bass out of the Quads nor could I find any subwoofer that worked well with them. I first heard Quads in 1962 and was shocked with what I heard. In the early 1970s, I had double Quads in a rack. They gave me much more satisfaction.

In short I don't think your hard wood floors are your biggest problem. A thick rug would probably help. I don't know about having Quads on rugs. I put my double Quads up on points on a concrete floor. I think they greatly benefitted from isolation on points.