Can I Live With A Hardwood Floor?

Hi All,
I could certainly use some advice on this matter. I have Quad 2905 ESL's in my attic and my attic has hardwood floors. I recently moved into this residence never having experienced hardwood floors previously. My speakers are on cones and isolated with Herbie's titanium gliders. I've been able to position the speakers so that they are given enough room to operate effectively but those hardwood floors are brutal at times. My thought leads me to the only obvious solution, 12 feet by 12 feet carpeting. Are there more cost effective ways of approaching this?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks as always!
goofyfoot
dentdog, I can't find anything online that states the price tag on the SAC products. I do occasionally find Richard Gray products on the used market and am wondering if that wouldn't be a cost effective approach? Richard Gray makes good equipment, though it is expensive once one moves up the product chain. 
Concrete floor here.  I'd go with carpet/rug 1st before anything 'inline'.  Natural fiber over synth, thick over thin.  Put a non-skid backing under it, unless you like looking at your ceiling in a random unexpected interval.  Skid demons lurk in wood floors...

Proceed from there....;)
goofyfoot, if you're still looking for a good deal on rugs, Incredible Rugs and Decor has great selection and prices. It's where I get my rugs from, and yes, stick to natural wool. Not only is it better for sound but it feels so good underfoot.

All the best,
Nonoise
asvjerry and nonoise, that's my plan. I'm currently suing the US Postal Service, waiting to be put on the docket. After that, then I'll have some expendable cash flow. For right now as I've mentioned, I placed a wool German military blanket on the floor and a cotton throw with some Ukrainian wool fabric on top and it has helped considerably. Thanks for the link nonoise. It appears as though this would be a good source for not paying a lot of money.
I do still trust in these Akiko Products as careful trial and error positioning has offered a giant improvement to my system.