thiel 3.7 owners

Almost sold my 3.7s being impatient  with the break in time and sound memory!I had a pair of 802 nautilus for awhile,thought they where something until I heard a pair of 2.4s.Sold the 802s for 2.4s.Loved them until got the chance to buy 3.7 .Out of the box they sounded horrible,thought I made the biggest mistake ever!thought I remembered better bass with both 802 and 2.4?Wasnt till I was at Magnolia  2 years later and heard a new pair of 802s and was not impressed!I was getting better sound from 3.7s and just just imagining that both my old speakers sounded better than  what I have now!Ive been chasing ghosts.Now I'm happier with my Thiels,and I'm glad I didn't sell them to start the whole process again!what I thought was better wasn't better at all!Sometimes memories aren't reality!
corvette01
Maybe a pair of 2.4 or 2.7 might help?I really enjoyed the 2.4s!Sounded much bigger than the are!I have a pair of B&W 805 Diamonds in the basement that I really like,until I come back upstairs to listen to the Thiels👍

I was going to buy the Thiel 3.7's but never had the space. The 3.7's are amazing speakers. I just love the details and liveliness of the sound. Congrats that you never sold them.

corvette01-

Feel free to join the rest of us at the Thiel Owners thread.

Agreed- the CS 2.4 does present larger than its dimensions.

I was both lucky and fortunate to demo sweet pairs of CS 2.4, 2.4SE, 2.7 and 3.7 prior to settling down with the 2.4SE. This speaker was the sweetest -sounding presentation to my ears.

In contrast, the B&W 805D and a REL subwoofer, would match close to Thiel, if you do not mind that kind of set-up.

Happy Listening!

Thanks!I think the 2.4 se is really nice looking in that deep finish!Almost bought a pair of those also.My 3.7 are Les Paul edition, they look like Jimmy Pages Les Paul.I almost bought a rel for my 805s,but settled on a Golden Ear xxl.The B&Ws are great for every day listening,but when I really want to unwind and de- stress I'll pick my Thiels every time!I do believe to get better than 3.7 I would have to spend more than double of what I paid for them.

Very sweet owning the 3.7 in Les Paul edition- corvette01
I would never sell those speakers!

Yes, you would have to step up to a Magico or Verity Audio speaker at a considerable cost to better your Thiel model.

What other gear, including cabling, is in your system?

Happy Listening!