Can I Live With A Hardwood Floor?

Hi All,
I could certainly use some advice on this matter. I have Quad 2905 ESL's in my attic and my attic has hardwood floors. I recently moved into this residence never having experienced hardwood floors previously. My speakers are on cones and isolated with Herbie's titanium gliders. I've been able to position the speakers so that they are given enough room to operate effectively but those hardwood floors are brutal at times. My thought leads me to the only obvious solution, 12 feet by 12 feet carpeting. Are there more cost effective ways of approaching this?
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks as always!
goofyfoot
@goofyfoot Thanks for info on Akiko Chips. I guess they prefer not to come right out and say they’re quantum mechanical as it might scare away potential customers. Can’t say I blame them. 😀
@goofyfoot there are nice cheaper wool rugs available. Something like this is a good price and fits with my decor but there are others you can find on eBAy (which btw is quite a good place to get rugs from!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351167348799
geoffkait, maybe people would fear that they'll blow up or something. Honestly. I have more of an issue with my carbon fiber static brush as they claim to be carcinogenic. 
What I've noticed about the Akiko Products thus far, and I have a triple enhancer, a tuning stick and a fuse chip, is that everything becomes much clearer. The presence becomes richer as well but the little imperfections are noticeable and I'm thinking that I might break down and buy a Richard Gray line conditioner to plug my PS Audio conditioner into. Unfortunately I'm not in the market for a regenerator.
folk freak, thanks for the link. Yes, I've seem seen some things on eBay and Craig's List, so I will buy something eventually. Right now I've placed a cotton throw with wool fabric on top of that and a German wool military blanket on the floor and that helps considerably.
Aside from that, I'll talk to Akiko Audio about their speaker tuning chips as well as some of their other products. Occasionally, I'm getting a little shrill in he upper midrange.