Jeff Rowland to what?

I currently own a Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier. I'm curious as to what amplifiers I should listen to below 20K, new or used. I'm not unhappy, but I'm curious. The amp will be driving Monitor Audio PL500 II's. The preamp is a Jeff Rowland Corus.

ricred1
randy-11,

I honestly appreciate suggestions, but I submit they’re more valid when the individual is familiar with the component they’re suggesting you replace. I post questions in hopes I receive suggestions that I haven’t thought of. If french_fries, has heard the Monitor Audio PL500 IIs and doesn't think they are Very good, I respect his opinion. If he hasn't and is just saying something negative for the sake of it, he doing everyone following this post a disservice. I understand everyone has their preferences; therefore I take every suggestion with a grain of salt.

If you haven't tried a good tube amp, do yourself a favor and change course.   VAC Phi 200 monoblocks can be had used for around $10 to $11K.  Also available now is a VAC Phi 300.1 for $8,900.
pdreher,

I had Audio Research years ago. The reason I'm staying away from tubes is because my amplifier is dual purpose. I use it for my 2-channel and to drive my fronts in my 5.1 surround sound system when watching television and movies. I don't think it's practical to use a tube amplifier.
" sfall,
I love the Rowland sound. I’m just curious if there is something out there that will improve on what I have. Yes, I like a non-fatiguing, laid back sound that still provides detail. "

BAT or CJ
I think you are wasting your time if you are looking for something better.
Different yes, but not probably not much better than Jeff's S2 series. Unless you go to mega bucks amplifiers like the Big Dartzeels or Gryphons.