Furutech AC Receptacles

Do the Furutech GTX-D R/G AC receptacles require installation with Furutech wall plates and covers?
wylmars
@wylmars Firstly I trust by now you've learned to tale any advice you get on the internet with a pinch of salt 😏 and as @cleeds suggests you should try it for yourself, both into the P10 and into the wall.

My cavil with PS Audio regenerators is that basically they are power amps outputting clean 110V -- agreed the newer ones such as your P10 are efficient (rated 85% at peak continuous load of 1200W) but they are throwing away 15% or more energy than you need. Early ones like the original P300 (I at one point owned three) were <50% efficient and ran hot as hell.

However while the P10 is rated with enough power to drive your Ref 75 (peak load 500W) the consensus (and again you have to listen and see if you agree) is that Power amps in particular prefer a non current limited (i.e. more passive than active) power conditioning regimen, and in many cases sound best run straight from the wall. Sources (your Ref 5SE and Accuphase kit) will benefit most from the clean power the P10 provides

So to conclude -- try it all ways and see what sounds best to you -- that's all that matters
cleeds - I have been running everything through my P10. folkfreak - I will listen to hear if I can detect a degradation. There's so many different perspectives on all this power related subject. Both - thank you for your insights ...
wylmars,

Take a look at "The great AC outlet shootout" on Recent Actvity. It may save you work/ listening 

nkonor - but the 'shoot out' has yet to be conducted? I had no idea there was so much interest in AC outlets. It seems that there's been a great deal of effort into preparing for this 'shoot out', and an extraordinary amount of interest. geoffkait- Perhaps you could write a BAL app to conduct the 'shoot out'?