E-Bay RETURNS, WHAT A BUCKET OF WORMS

I find out that if you buy a tuner or whatever on e-bay and open it up to put a tube or light bulb in , you have cancelled all your rights to return it......I buy a McIntosh tuner , open it up to replace the light bulbs and notice that my purchase is a piece of junk, I contact the seller and tell them I either need a adjustment or I need to return this........After 15 e-mails with the seller and e-bay about this I am informed that if I take the cover off I am a owner no mater what it looks like inside.......So be careful what you do if you want to return something.........ANOTHER INTERNET LESSON 
autospec
Is this a vintage Mac tuner?  If so, it may come down to one's expectations of reasonable physical condition of a vintage unrestored item.  Does the tuner work?
Ones expectations of anything is relative, and I'm not sure if what one pays for something is relevant either....To answer your other questions, it does play nicely and looks pretty good, maybe that is all I can respect for 450.00.......I think given enough information would have helped if the seller knew what information to give.............Sometimes we assume too much from people that are not versed in HI-FI...........  
" Ones expectations of anything is relative, and I'm not sure if what one pays for something is relevant either."

Its relevant because they can use it as an excuse not to pay. They're argument will be that you paid too much for the item and they shouldn't have to pay for your mistake.
I stopped selling on Ebay because the rules are so skewed towards buyers. It plays nicely and looks good. That is all you should expect with a vintage piece on Ebay unless the seller mentioned it was refurbished or serviced. It is your responsibility to clarify the internal condition and ask the seller to for internal pics. If he refuses, don’t bid. Ebay is treating sellers as if they are Amazon and forces them to accept returns no matter what the situation.